Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what's the best sky package

what's the best sky package

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default what's the best sky package

Hi All

I know this is a pommy question..asking questions about Sky TV,eh what next.... but as i have to small boys... they need their "Simpsons"thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it..it have nothing to to with watching West Ham play.what's the best package to go for in the Perth area or is there only one choice...
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what's the best sky package

No Sky in Aus. And from my perspective, hopefully no Simpsons either
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:45 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: what's the best sky package

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Hi All

I know this is a pommy question..asking questions about Sky TV,eh what next.... but as i have to small boys... they need their "Simpsons"thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it..it have nothing to to with watching West Ham play.what's the best package to go for in the Perth area or is there only one choice...
Not sure about the package and I can understand about the Simpsons (as we have 3 kids) but you should feel lucky about not seeing West Ham play!

R.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:48 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Smile Re: what's the best sky package

Heard mention of seeing footie on Foxtel - don't know more than that but may be something to look into.

Not a fan of Simpsons, but don't think I could stomach my 3 getting into The Wiggles!!!!! Give me bart any day!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Carruss
Not sure about the package and I can understand about the Simpsons (as we have 3 kids) but you should feel lucky about not seeing West Ham play!

R.
I think it fox(cable) could be...same on you talking about West Ham like that...you won't say that when we win the "premership"ops not in there anymore
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry but there is a sky(maybe by another name) in Oz..and what do you mean no simpsons...you've never lived...heheheh
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

You don't need sat TV for the Simpsons as they are on free to air Channel 10 every night at 18:00 and some night they are on for 2 hours. How grown up intelligent people can watch cartoons is beyond me.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry but there is a sky(maybe by another name) in Oz..and what do you mean no simpsons...you've never lived...heheheh
No Sky in Oz as their satellites point towards Europe. Its Foxtel I think , The listings are on the 'net somewhere.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
You don't need sat TV for the Simpsons as they are on free to air Channel 10 every night at 18:00 and some night they are on for 2 hours. How grown up intelligent people can watch cartoons is beyond me.

thanks for all the info.will look on the web for details..grown up intelligent people who have kids have cartoons...
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all the info.will look on the web for details..grown up intelligent people who have kids have cartoons...
www.foxtel.tv

.....and the Simpsons seem to be on non-stop 24 hours a day if you pick your channels carefully .....arghhhhhhhhhh
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:10 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Hi All

You need Foxtel, it is the same as SKY digital in the UK they have even just brought out SKY + but it is called something else (something like personal recorder)

we have normal foxtel digital and have everything except for the movies, loads of soccer on the tele, 3 or more live premiership matches a week. Slightly less channels than sky but you still find yourself trawling through loads of crap in the vain hope that there might be somehting better on.

You cannot get all the terestrial channels on Foxtel yet only ABC and SBS but the others are to follow by the middle of this year (so I have been told)

I pay about $60 or $70 a month and got it installed for free as they were on a big promo drive prior to xmas. As with pretty much everything on OZ you need to sign up for 2 years or pay extra to have a shorter contract so you might want to wait to have it installed when you are settled in a house.

Foxtel-TV
Bigpond _internet
Telstra _telephones (land and mobile)
are all part of the same company Phone part are OK, foxtel are OK but I would avoid BIGPOND like the plague as they are crap crap crap.

Kala

Cheers
Kala
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:11 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Just noticed you are from Crawley, me too.

Kala
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:21 am
Just Joined

pomcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Foxtel platinum has all the programs including two free box office movies per month.
Sky news is shown during the day and football is on live as well.
Not a fan of the simpsons but think it was on non stop over the Easter.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Doh!!!!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by JayDeee
You need Foxtel, it is the same as SKY digital in the UK they have even just brought out SKY + but it is called something else (something like personal recorder)

we have normal foxtel digital and have everything except for the movies, loads of soccer on the tele, 3 or more live premiership matches a week. Slightly less channels than sky but you still find yourself trawling through loads of crap in the vain hope that there might be somehting better on.

You cannot get all the terestrial channels on Foxtel yet only ABC and SBS but the others are to follow by the middle of this year (so I have been told)

I pay about $60 or $70 a month and got it installed for free as they were on a big promo drive prior to xmas. As with pretty much everything on OZ you need to sign up for 2 years or pay extra to have a shorter contract so you might want to wait to have it installed when you are settled in a house.

Foxtel-TV
Bigpond _internet
Telstra _telephones (land and mobile)
are all part of the same company Phone part are OK, foxtel are OK but I would avoid BIGPOND like the plague as they are crap crap crap.

Kala

Cheers
Kala
Hi Kala

just a quick question for my kids do you get Disney and nickelodeon on foxtel

hopefully when we get there tv will be the last thing in their minds but at the mo they are the things they worry about

Chris

ps where you get you internet access from then??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.