Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats the best places to live in and around perth?

whats the best places to live in and around perth?

Old Oct 26th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default whats the best places to live in and around perth?

Ok for all you folks in perth and heading to perth,whats the up and coming places to live or areas most look for or try to live,i have no idea,but i suppose could get advice from relatives when i do make the move.

Im not sure what i plan on doing first maybe rent,followed by buying or maybe even to build a place,i dont think i be tied for location of where to live as my work might be in and out of perth to include fifo work.

I am not used to or live the city life here in the uk,but the sounds of staying in the city or not far does sound good,who knows.I am not sure if be a apartment,house,unit etc again depends when i am there etc.

I am 36yrs old so some places with a good social life,not too far away would be good,but not to bothered,but be good to have option of maybe say being able to taxi to good places and stuff.

Near a beach i suppose a bonus,but again a drive to one would be just as good.

Would prefer the area was kind of new,or still growing and possible house prices may rise after purchase a bonus.

Anyone recomend so places to check out,i am going to validate my visa in 2009 and would like to check these places out and find out more about these areas.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 6:43 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice
Default Re: whats the best places to live in and around perth?

Hi Brian this has been asked many times i asked it myself and got this answer here is a good site www.aussiemove.com it lets you know about the areas and house prices,it did not help us as we are moving further down south it only goes down to Manduarh and we are going to Dalyellup hope this helps mate
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:27 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: whats the best places to live in and around perth?

If you're young and single and money is not too much of a problem I would recommend , Claremont or Subiaco or Fremantle. They have more character, abit more life and soul, decent restaruants and pubs. Some of the other suburbs can be abit like legoland and lifeless. Cottesloe is a beach side suburb probably the most expensive in Perth but plenty of apartments to rent. It does have a high st - Napoleon St and also a beach side with bars, cafes etc. Subiaco has a lively kind of trendy road called Rockeby Rd and is more of a city suburb. Claremont is only a few mins from the beach and has some bars, good shops and good sporting facilities. Fremantle is about half an hour from Perth but has loads of charcter, some good bars and cafes, Most of the other suburbs seem to consist of housing, a few parks, a shopping centre and if you're lucky it may have a pub.