Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats the best car to buy in Aus?

whats the best car to buy in Aus?

Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default whats the best car to buy in Aus?

and the most reliable? please also cheap! lol

cheers Guys
Lace xxx
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the best car to buy in Aus?

Originally Posted by lacey21

cheers Guys
Lace xxx
cheaper seem to be toyota nissan from that sort of area realiable well............... i havent a bloody clue

hugs gee x
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey don't mock you, I know where you live lol.

lace xx
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

cheers Guys
Lace xxx

Same as UK, only some have different names, any Honda, Toyota will do you very well and last for years as they don't rust as much in Aus (god hope I don't get accused of wearing the rose tinted for this post lol)
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

Hey don't mock you, I know where you live lol.

lace xx
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:04 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: whats the best car to buy in Aus?

Toyotas are generally considered to be the most reliable. Those things just keep on keeping on; they never die!

Cars do take a lot longer to rust Down Under. I have been gobsmacked at the speed with which UK vehicles pick up rust spots; it's like foot & mouth disease for cars! :scared:

As for cheapest - any of the Korean brands. Hyundai, Daewoo, that sort of thing.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for that Vash I thought Daewoo and all that would be good but I wasn't sure.

Anustralia_bound ten lashes for you!!!

Lace x
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I was also really surprised. I think it is from the gritting in winter.

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I have been gobsmacked at the speed with which UK vehicles pick up rust spots
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Vash I thought Daewoo and all that would be good but I wasn't sure.

Anustralia_bound ten lashes for you!!!

Lace x
lacy have you got something on your mind
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah a bloody car when I get there. I don't want to rely on my poor sister and her hubby.

Also do you have to take the driving test too like you would in QLD. See everything was geared to QLD but I have to go to my sisters in Perth before I can visit other sis in Brissy

cheers Lx
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah a bloody car when I get there. I don't want to rely on my poor sister and her hubby.

Also do you have to take the driving test too like you would in QLD. See everything was geared to QLD but I have to go to my sisters in Perth before I can visit other sis in Brissy

cheers Lx
sorry not sure chuck x (meant mind .check spelling in green!)
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

cheers Guys
Lace xxx
this might help http://www.motorsm.com/AUS/cars/complaints_corner.htm also i remember posts re the Queensland Glovebox Guide on this forum, might be worth a search
S
Old Apr 12th 2006, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma
I was also really surprised. I think it is from the gritting in winter.
I'm sure it is. Coastal areas of Australia are just as humid and damp, even laden with sea air.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Same as UK, only some have different names, any Honda, Toyota will do you very well and last for years as they don't rust as much in Aus (god hope I don't get accused of wearing the rose tinted for this post lol)
Agreed, you can't go wrong with a Honda or Toyota (in our experience). I wouldn't recommend a Hyundai, my sister had one for a while and they seem really "tinny". We had a talk with a finance company a while ago over salary sacrifice and buying a car blah blah etc and he said that (his words) that second hand European cars in Australia were as easy to sell as AIDS - just a recommendation from him.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 11:29 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

No cheap cars out here Lace! even the old bombs hold their value
at least you get insurance in the road tax though (3rd party only)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.