British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Whats the average price for a 3 or 4 bed detatched house cost in Gold Coast? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/whats-average-price-3-4-bed-detatched-house-cost-gold-coast-399691/)

brido Oct 1st 2006 9:00 am

Whats the average price for a 3 or 4 bed detatched house cost in Gold Coast?

Hi,i was just wondering what the average price of a 3 bed or 4 bed detatched house would be in Gold Coast.

Also how can we work out how much we can borrow for a mortgage.
The UK is 2.5 or 3 times your wage,what is it in Oz?

Thanks in advance

Brido :)

wanderingwombat Oct 1st 2006 9:23 am

Re: Whats the average price for a 3 or 4 bed detatched house cost in Gold Coast?

Originally Posted by brido
Hi,i was just wondering what the average price of a 3 bed or 4 bed detatched house would be in Gold Coast.

Thanks in advance

Have a look at realestate.com as the 'average' may be below your expectations and preferences.

WW

tiredwithtwins Oct 1st 2006 10:00 am

Re: Whats the average price for a 3 or 4 bed detatched house cost in Gold Coast?

a lot of the real estate websites have the banks advertising, andt heres usually a 'how mcuh can i borrow' calculator in there if you click on their ad :D

i was surprised how much you can borrow .... scary really!

gjs Oct 1st 2006 11:45 am

Thanks in advance

You can borrow at least four times your wages here, mainly becuse the mortgages are generally termed over 30 years making the monthly payments slighty smaller, but meaning that the mortgagor makes significantly more money over the term of the loan

Jonahs_mummy Oct 1st 2006 8:34 pm

Thanks in advance

It depends on what part of the Gold Coast you are looking at. The prices of homes range radically from pretty low in out-lying areas like Gilston or Beaudesert, right up to "big" money in areas like Hope Island or Sorrento.......... another good site is http://www.domain.com.au

Claire
x

Ian & Sharon Oct 1st 2006 8:54 pm

Thanks for that link.

I'll look at that tonight !

Jonahs_mummy Oct 2nd 2006 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Thanks for that link.

I'll look at that tonight !

nw:D

Dicko Oct 2nd 2006 11:12 am

Thanks in advance

Remember a house is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

People make me laugh when they say their's is worth 'X' amount, how do you know if you haven't sold it yet? :rolleyes: