Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what's adelaide like?

what's adelaide like?

Old Feb 28th 2004, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

michmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to allmichmel is a name known to all
Default what's adelaide like?

we are planning a trip to oz to have a look around as we r thinking of the business visa route in.

we r a family including 2 small children, would like 2 be not too far from beach in a town with good schools and plenty of facilities. any recommendations, of places around adelaide?
Old Feb 28th 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi you need to ask Podgypossum I am sure that she will help you as she lives in Adelaide.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are going to Adelaide in June after staying with family we hope to get a house in Brighton.
Seemed a really nice area (we also have youngsters) ,good schools,train links about 20 mins from centre and beach on your doorstep !!!
I think Podgypossum lives near there and knows better than me .
Old Feb 29th 2004, 12:15 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what's adelaide like?

Originally posted by michmel
we are planning a trip to oz to have a look around as we r thinking of the business visa route in.

we r a family including 2 small children, would like 2 be not too far from beach in a town with good schools and plenty of facilities. any recommendations, of places around adelaide?
Do some home work,,,,www.eadelaide.com ........mm
Old Feb 29th 2004, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Daffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by michmel

We are family with 3 young lads, 7, 9 and 10 and moved to Adelaide last June. We were State Sponsored and SA was not the place we intended on residing in but went for it so as to ensure we got in. It turns out we love it here and have decided to remain here.

We were originally up north of the city in a place called Paradise. This was where the Immigration Dept put us as part of the scheme of settling new Immigrants in. It was OK but we were far from the coast so we had a good look around. We have settled in a place called Maslin Beach which is in the Southern Suburbs. We live 500 m from a most beautiful beach and about 40 minute drive into the city. The boys all attend the same school which is literally 5 minute drive from our home. They love their new school, which is also very close to the beach, and therefore a lot of school activities are down there.

I have travelled all over Oz and been to every main city. I did this when I was a lot younger and Adelaide seemed a rather sleepy city and at the time did not a appeal to me. Now I am 15 years older and married, Adelaide is just perfect.

There are a lot of suburbs on the coast heading back north between Maslin and Adelaide, all superb beaches, though I haven't been here long enough to know much about the suburbs that well.

Hope all goes well.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 5:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Daffy
We are family with 3 young lads, 7, 9 and 10 and moved to Adelaide last June. We were State Sponsored and SA was not the place we intended on residing in but went for it so as to ensure we got in. It turns out we love it here and have decided to remain here.

We were originally up north of the city in a place called Paradise. This was where the Immigration Dept put us as part of the scheme of settling new Immigrants in. It was OK but we were far from the coast so we had a good look around. We have settled in a place called Maslin Beach which is in the Southern Suburbs. We live 500 m from a most beautiful beach and about 40 minute drive into the city. The boys all attend the same school which is literally 5 minute drive from our home. They love their new school, which is also very close to the beach, and therefore a lot of school activities are down there.

I have travelled all over Oz and been to every main city. I did this when I was a lot younger and Adelaide seemed a rather sleepy city and at the time did not a appeal to me. Now I am 15 years older and married, Adelaide is just perfect.

There are a lot of suburbs on the coast heading back north between Maslin and Adelaide, all superb beaches, though I haven't been here long enough to know much about the suburbs that well.

Hope all goes well.
Good positive post...............mm