Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whatever u do say no tooo.......

Whatever u do say no tooo.......

Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:08 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whatever u do say no tooo.......

..............a friggin Colourbond roof on your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in a rental with CB roof....no insulation or bugger all underneath it....................................its pissin with rain and its like bein in a caravan with elephants running over the roof.................its a shocker

BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whatever u do say no tooo.......

Originally Posted by biggy

We are in a rental with CB roof....no insulation or bugger all underneath it....................................its pissin with rain and its like bein in a caravan with elephants running over the roof.................its a shocker

Gonna get worse too.....have you seen Cyclone Ingrid...........

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQP0005.txt
Old Mar 7th 2005, 11:44 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Gonna get worse too.....have you seen Cyclone Ingrid...........

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQP0005.txt
yeah been watchin the bitch.......lol

the frame for our house goes up tomorro, it will prolly get blown down.............bugger!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:00 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

I love the sound of rain on a corrogated iron roof it's a sound I grew up with, so I find it soothing... but that's just meeeee!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:17 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
I love the sound of rain on a corrogated iron roof it's a sound I grew up with, so I find it soothing... but that's just meeeee!
Ditto! The most lovely sound, tiled roofs just arent the same .
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:22 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Ditto! The most lovely sound, tiled roofs just arent the same .
hooray! someone else who loves the sound!!! tiled roof is soo quiet.. I can't ever tell when it's raining..
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:33 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

hooray! someone else who loves the sound!!! tiled roof is soo quiet.. I can't ever tell when it's raining..
Weirdo!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by biggy

When we first arrived here we rented a house with a colourbond roof. We were also astounded at the sound when it rained and I said I would never have one...however, 2 years on and in our own home, I would have to say that I wish we had the colourbond roof now. My aussie mates have colourbond on their roof and have it well insulated...you can still hear the rain but nowhere near as bad as it being uninsulated.

Plus, as they pointed out, during the wild weather (which we tend to get here) you don't have to worry about half your tiles blowing away!! Also someone showed me how easy it is to break into homes here through the roof. Our electrician had to go up into the loft to do some electrical work...did he go through the ceiling hatch??? Nooooo he just took some tiles off the roof and in he popped!! :scared:

If we ever build here, I'm having a colourbond roof!! It's only down to our shoddy landlord who was too tight to put in some insulation that put us off!!

love sophia xx
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:30 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
Weirdo!
that's me probably something to do with growing up on the dry continent, it's great when it does rain.. it's worth knowing about

My grandparents had a tiled roof (in Brisbane) and it caused them no-end of problems... much better to have the big sheets of colourbond or similar on the roof...

I also like the noises the roof makes as it heats up and expands on hot days in summer....
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:49 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

that's me probably something to do with growing up on the dry continent, it's great when it does rain.. it's worth knowing about

My grandparents had a tiled roof (in Brisbane) and it caused them no-end of problems... much better to have the big sheets of colourbond or similar on the roof...

I also like the noises the roof makes as it heats up and expands on hot days in summer....
I also thought I'd hate it but I love mine it is very well insulated tho but as it never rains here on the odd ocation when it does I wanna know so I can go and stand in it and behave liek a kid seeing snow for the 1st time.

Kala
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:53 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I also thought I'd hate it but I love mine it is very well insulated tho but as it never rains here on the odd ocation when it does I wanna know so I can go and stand in it and behave liek a kid seeing snow for the 1st time.

Kala
well worth running outside to stand in the few drops that sometimes fall.. especially the great big drops.. which stop very quickly sometimes.... I do love the sound of the rain..and the smell too on the parched, cracked earth... lovely..