Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are your plans

What are your plans

Old Jun 10th 2004, 2:36 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default What are your plans

OK I am feeling extremely homesick today just shed a tear or two. Trying to pull myself together and thought I would start a new thread to take my mind off things.

So what are your plans for the queens birthday weekend??

We are going to stay in central Melbourne for the weekend with a group of our friends. Hubby and mate are off to the Richmond game on sunday and the girls will be shopping and maybe drinkin

Jo
Old Jun 10th 2004, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

we are off to sea world on sunday and staying the night at the sea world nara resort, felt like having a bit of a splurge. Thats me , hubby and our four boys.
Have a good weekend

Juliet
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your plans

Originally posted by joh117
OK I am feeling extremely homesick today just shed a tear or two. Trying to pull myself together and thought I would start a new thread to take my mind off things.

We are going to stay in central Melbourne for the weekend with a group of our friends. Hubby and mate are off to the Richmond game on sunday and the girls will be shopping and maybe drinkin

Jo
I was thinking of a homesick thread myself I just so miss just being able to pop in, with a family of 5 we need a mini mortage to get back to the UK, its not like being in France or something is it.

Anyway Im taking my two youngest to see the Harry Potter Movie, next weekend the Shrek Movie, bit stuck we have done all the tourist things a zillion times, school holidays are going to be really b o r i n g again, anybody want a 7 and 10 year old for 2 weeks:
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:31 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Yep the homesick comes and goes doesn't it...I have been here over 2 years now and get those horrible empty feelings !!and I'm going back this year but still get it !!!eekk

My hubby is working all weekend so I have the exciting task of potty training my 21/2 year old.....arghhhhhhh that means housebound doesn't it!

We have just been to see the Wiggles today..yahoooooo wiggly party !!! sorry know all the words!!saddo mum ! and I am going to take her to see Shrek next week..!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:52 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by joh117

Jo
I'm gracing the Redlands with my presence as I do each queeny's birthday... scary

Queens birthday is only good for one thing ... fishing comps ( it's probably why Aussies keep the national holiday).

Chin up, most people get pangs of homesickness. (whether they like Aus or not) ...but very few will admit it.

Cheers
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Ceri
I'm gracing the Redlands with my presence as I do each queeny's birthday... scary
Gulp
What's happening down here then ?

Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:10 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Gulp
What's happening down here then ?
Get with it son!

It's only one of the biggest fishing comps around Brisbane each year. I go most years.. it's worth taking your kids to it too, they lay on entertainment in the evenings too. to keep the young uns happy ( bouncy castles and such) .it usually starts friday evening, if you want to join the comp, signing on is usually before 7 or 8pm ( I haven't got a form on me).. but forms can be picked up down there.

The comp attracts a few thousand every year.. I didn't get to go to it last year, the only year I missed going.

(11-14th - Moreton Bay & Offshore Family Fishing Challenge. Annual fishing competition. Redland Bay - in hotel grounds. Ph: 0418 192 139 (Geoff Reinke))

P.s you can go just for the nose if you don't want to enter. your lord mayor usually graces us too ( do you want me to nut her? .. she was she last time I looked, unless you changed her now) .. really it's pretty big comp. If you haven't got a boat.. you can still join up, there are lots categories in the comp for each species.. there's usually a Kids fishing comp too

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 10th 2004 at 4:18 am.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:11 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Jo,
I've had a day like that today too (which is quite ridiculous as I'm going on UK hols in 2 weeks) but its so unpredictable isnt it!

We're going down to meet up with some friends from Birmingham at the weekend, though I've got to work sunday and monday.....the joys of being a nurse!

Hope it passes for you,
Michaela
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jo

Hope your job's going well. Have you moved into your new house yet?

We're going to do some house hunting ourselves on Saturday, with this house in particular that we like:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=&fmt=&header=

Then on Sunday we are going to a Hot Rod Show in Alexandra. Here's a link:

http://www.countrynews.com.au/story....00405313630224

Hope the weather stays fine
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:35 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jaykay
Hi Jo

Hope your job's going well. Have you moved into your new house yet?

We're going to do some house hunting ourselves on Saturday, with this house in particular that we like:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=&fmt=&header=

Then on Sunday we are going to a Hot Rod Show in Alexandra. Here's a link:

http://www.countrynews.com.au/story....00405313630224

Hope the weather stays fine
Sorry had to nose at the house..looks very nice..good luck

P
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Ceri
Get with it son!

It's only one of the biggest fishing comps around Brisbane each year. I go most years.. it's worth taking your kids to it too, they lay on entertainment in the evenings too. to keep the young uns happy ( bouncy castles and such) .it usually starts friday evening, if you want to join the comp, signing on is usually before 7 or 8pm ( I haven't got a form on me).. but forms can be picked up down there.

The comp attracts a few thousand every year.. I didn't get to go to it last year, the only year I missed going.

(11-14th - Moreton Bay & Offshore Family Fishing Challenge. Annual fishing competition. Redland Bay - in hotel grounds. Ph: 0418 192 139 (Geoff Reinke))

P.s you can go just for the nose if you don't want to enter. your lord mayor usually graces us too ( do you want me to nut her? .. she was she last time I looked, unless you changed her now) .. really it's pretty big comp. If you haven't got a boat.. you can still join up, there are lots categories in the comp for each species.. there's usually a Kids fishing comp too
Oh Yes, That one
We went last year, only for the last day, the prize giving, but not being into fishing, well... bit boring really.... (but my sister will probably try to drag us along again)

PS: I think the Mayor is a man, at least he was when I last met him
Mayor Don Seccombe

Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Pants
Sorry had to nose at the house..looks very nice..good luck

P
Thanks Pants

We thought it looked nice too. If we really like it, and it fits with everything we're looking for then we may even put in an offer for it.....fingers crossed
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:56 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Oh Yes, That one
We went last year, only for the last day, the prize giving, but not being into fishing, well... bit boring really.... (but my sister will probably try to drag us along again)

PS: I think the Mayor is a man, at least he was when I last met him
Mayor Don Seccombe
who was the old Tart I met a few years back?? .. Pardon the French.. last year I didn't go.. the year before that.. I went, but missed the boring speeches,, one of the prior years.. I went on crutches. (just came out of hospital... but I was damned if I was going miss my fishing) . and me leg was killing... and ther mayor.. I swear was a woman.. because she droned on and on... and my leg was killing!!! lol. so I was back and fore to the beer tent..lol

ahh so I will look out for him now to nut

I suppose it is boring for non - fisher persons... but it really is one of the few comps I look forward to.... oh I love to freeze on the bay.. this time of year. I never get much sleep during these weekends, literally I'm out all night on the boat.

cheers
Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:02 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Severe case of homesickness with us too.
We're off to Brissie to meet up with lots of friends, drink lots, see lots, and reminisce about the good old days (2-3 months ago when they were all living here in Sydney - you buggers why did you all have to go and leave when we arrived?cusoon)

Have a good weekend whatever you do.
God Bless The Queen
Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:13 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by JulesandChris

God Bless The Queen
And all that will sink with her ( sorry!!!!! I could not resist it )

ooh holidays I get so excited.. I'm a very sad, sad person I look forward to these holidays

enjoy yourself everyone.. I know I will... but please, please, please can I nut the redland mayor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.