Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is your biggest fear?

Wikiposts

What is your biggest fear?

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is your biggest fear?

Hi just had to reply to this one, my biggest fear at the moment is will I actually be able to get on a plane and take my children away from their grandparents! Thats today the other fear that occassionally pops into my head is we sell a lovely house here and give up two ok, (not fantastic) jobs and our friends go to Oz hate it and then cant afford to move back into the same type of house cos we've spent x number of pounds getting set up there!
I have to add that out of the two of us I'm the pessemistic one hubby is very optimistic and I am sure if he gets me there he'll refuse to come back!

Lindsey
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:40 am
desperate2go's little un

junior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
My greatest fear will always be waking up and finding a grey pube.
lol
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:44 am
desperate2go's little un

junior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of lightjunior ozchick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ugez009sumi
I move to Sydney on Feb 4th. I am leaving many many things behind, only been to Sydney on a 2 weeks holiday, and am going into the unknown. I am only focusing on the positives, if I think about negatives to much it will eat me up.

I am thinking if I don’t do this I will never know what direction my life will take. I am thinking if it does not work out and the worry become real, then at least I tried and the worst things is I have to go back to UK.

Ultimately, in past I have worried about many things, in end they did not end up as the problems, something else I never imagined did. Also worrying never actually solved the problem…
I couldnt have put it better. This is exactly how i feel. Although, to answer the original question, loneliness is my geatest fear. Leaving everything and everyone i know and ending up in a beautiful country with everything exactly as i hoped ( or at least similar ) but no one to share it with.....
Now i have depressed myself
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:45 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

My greatest fear is the CRITTERS!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:48 am
desperate2go's little un

WHOOPS!! Just realised i am logged in as my daughter
Dont worry all....my eight year old is not worried about being lonely and not having anyone to share it with
I will log out and change into my self
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by junior ozchick
WHOOPS!! Just realised i am logged in as my daughter
Dont worry all....my eight year old is not worried about being lonely and not having anyone to share it with
I will log out and change into my self
No sooner said...
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Didn't someone, a fair time back, once say:

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself"......

WW
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Didn't someone, a fair time back, once say:

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself"......

WW

fear is good.......without it we would all be dead before we are teenagers........same as pain is good
fear of the unknown is bad......because it might never happen
fear only what you know....otherwise you will get old very fast
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Me failing the medical because I had a pituitary Tumour and stuffing it up for the whole family....
We were all terrified of failing medicals :scared:

The first person to be seen by doctor was my daughter - and he said 'did you know that she has a heart murmur' I was absolutely mortified!

Then my other daughter was seen - he said 'erm interesting - how many dislocatiobns has she had with her knees -? maybe she has morfin syndrome!!!! :scared:

I had a lower back injury and have had asthma all my life - so has my husband - my son's asthma is not too good infact - to say he is a healthy 18 year old - his peak flow (how hard he can breathe out) is that of an older person!

We passed - no worries - I know it sounds easy - but try not to worry - GOD knows I worried so much.

specially as my daughter had to go through with the medical and didn't even want to come out here - (stupid logic) and I thought - we are going to fail on her medical and she is not even coming - omg!

Sarah
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 1:29 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woogle
Having never been to Oz,my fear is it being nothing like I imagined :scared:

But we should have another thread for "what is you biggest hope?" & my answer would be that it is everything I expected - sounds better that way round!
As long as you don't just expect it to be the UK with sun you should be pretty right .
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:08 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by belleandscone
I have to agree, after all the hipe and planning, to then be rejected would be soul destroying!

The other thing is are we doing the right thing?, I know we are but it's all questions and what if's just now. Currently we are trying to decide between going blind and doing an expensive recce.

What if we do a recce and we find we don't like oz. But then once the visas are granted we only have a year from the police checks to get into the country even on a holiday, but if we dont do a recce and try to go blind, what happens if we don't sell the house in time, we will still have to do a recce or go without selling the house and rent it out. This is all going around in my head and we havent even got the bloody visas yet!! What to do, what to do?????aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Then what if the kids hate school, hubby can't get a job, I can't get a job, can't afford a house cos of increased house prices - I could go on forever but on the bright side the weather is better, everyone is friendlier the food, next to the sea. What is the worst that could happen? We have to come home - nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It will all work out in the end I'm sure!

You are not alone with feeling like this, exactly how I feel to!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:19 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies everyone as I said I have added a few new ones onto my list as additional worries!! ha ha

It is somewhat comforting to see we are not the only people worrying about the same or similar things!!

Still like someone said before it is an opportunity of a life time and I think our feelings are very much lets give it ago and see what happens and at the end of the day if the worse comes to the worse we can always come back to the UK if it means living in a caravan for 3 years until we can get back on the property ladder, so be it!!

The one thing I have to say I admire in a way and in another I cant get my head around is the people that have never been to Oz that sell up and go, wooow dont think I could be as brave as that!!

I wonder what the figures are for people that have been previously to Oz that move out there against those that havent been before, and on the other foot figures for those returning to the UK, that had never been and those that return that had been?? Does that make any sense at all?? ha ha

Good luck to everyone!!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toon williams
Husband and I were chatting yesterday about our fears in moving to Oz. I suppose my main one is getting the kids settled into good schools and that they are happy!! Husbands is finding a job he likes that pays good money!! We have many other fears to as I am sure everyone does, but just wondered what other peoples fears were!!

It is more than likely when I read the replies there will be things I have not thought about and therefore will add them to my ever increasing "fear" list!! ha ha
main worry is child care! my wife and i are both nurses and will be working shifts, we have two children aged 11 and 7, and we worry about being able to pick up and drop off etc to school. we are aiming for perth in may 2006!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
As long as you don't just expect it to be the UK with sun you should be pretty right .

No,if that was the case we wouldn't bother coming!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

DJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant future

Finding I might actually like it here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.