Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What you wished you had brought with you

What you wished you had brought with you

Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

DhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud of
Default What you wished you had brought with you

As we are getting nearer to our departure day for Sydney, we wonder if we are missing anything important to pack? At this moment, we filled our suitcases with clothes. We are also taking mobile handsets and electrical converter plugs. Don't know if its a good idea paying extra baggage allowance to carry cutleries, ceramic ware etc. What are we forgetting?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What you wished you had brought with you

I wish I'd taken about a million dollars over. It would have made life so much easier.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

GeneJeanie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by isgraham
I wish I'd taken about a million dollars over. It would have made life so much easier.
Will put that on the top of my list!

Next is undies! I've heard they are very pricey in Aus so I'll be bulk buying i Primark and M&S over the next few weeks!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:55 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DhakaBoy
Don't know if its a good idea paying extra baggage allowance to carry cutleries, ceramic ware etc. What are we forgetting?
No, its not worth it for cutlery and ceramic ware.

I wish I'd brought all our woollies and big coats. Obviously it depends where you're headed, possibly you wouldn't need them in FNQ - but I could have done with them in SE Qld and definitely miss them here in NSW!!

[edit] Just seen your location.. okay, its possible you don't have woollies to bring with you
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

DhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GeneJeanie
Will put that on the top of my list!

Next is undies! I've heard they are very pricey in Aus so I'll be bulk buying i Primark and M&S over the next few weeks!
I don't wear undies, hehe....... just kidding.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamy
No, its not worth it for cutlery and ceramic ware.

I wish I'd brought all our woollies and big coats. Obviously it depends where you're headed, possibly you wouldn't need them in FNQ - but I could have done with them in SE Qld and definitely miss them here in NSW!!

[edit] Just seen your location.. okay, its possible you don't have woollies to bring with you
I was skeptical about bringing my big coats..... but now that you have mentioned, I will pack them in as well. Thanks.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by isgraham
A million dollar would make life easier in any country, lol. With the level of prices that I hear about, I don't think even a million will go very far in Oz.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Holly Willoughby.

I miss her and her over-sized knockers.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Agree with Dreamy, if you are coming to Sydney (or Melbourne) you definitely need coats, jumpers etc. I rather stupidly left all mine behind and really regretted it (and have not managed to replace coats/jackets with anything as nice here).
Old Jul 13th 2011, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Agree with Dreamy, if you are coming to Sydney (or Melbourne) you definitely need coats, jumpers etc. I rather stupidly left all mine behind and really regretted it (and have not managed to replace coats/jackets with anything as nice here).
Aye I only brought a thin raincoat and one thin jumper. Have had to buy a hoodie since but really looking foward to my big warm ted baker coat turning up here soon.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DhakaBoy
As we are getting nearer to our departure day for Sydney, we wonder if we are missing anything important to pack? At this moment, we filled our suitcases with clothes. We are also taking mobile handsets and electrical converter plugs. Don't know if its a good idea paying extra baggage allowance to carry cutleries, ceramic ware etc. What are we forgetting?
Power strips/power boards?
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

A return air ticket
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

whinging pom cancelling headphones
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:03 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
whinging pom cancelling headphones
They got em at Dick Smith if you're interested
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
They got em at Dick Smith if you're interested
Cool. Cheaper in the UK though surely?

Everything is cheaper in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.