Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what you need from employer

what you need from employer

Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:06 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default what you need from employer

knew there was something i meant to ask a few weeks back

have had a hold up in getting my skills assessed using my Engineering Degree.But doing it now.However for the main application (hopefully december)do I need any letters from my employer proving i work there etc-or are pay slips etc enough for the powers that be in DIMIA.Reason being I dont really want them to know that i am planning on heading to Australia(at least not till a few months before hand)

Am sure this has been asked before and did a search but couldnt find anything to hand.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:22 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

I think you gave to send DIMIA copies of all the stuff you sent to the assessing body. I would have thought that you would have had to send a reference from your employer to the assessing body anyways. The ACS required references on headed paper.

Jane
Old Oct 15th 2003, 7:42 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: what you need from employer

Hi seang,
As long as you fall under the washington or Sydney agreements with the IEAust, who are the assessing body then it is easy.

They list exactley what they require on there web site.
Qualification, training, position in company and declaration on what you do, your responsability and financial control.

You will need to get a reference from your employer when you apply for emmigaration to Australia. (as well as everything you sent to the IEAust & there letter back - get it coppied twice before sending it off.)

DIMA define what is needed, eg letter headed & person who signs must have phone & address etc.
I know that you said that "I dont really want them to know that i am planning on heading to Australia(at least not till a few months before hand)" if I remember correctly, there is a box you can tick on the application form where they won't contact your employer.

Can anyoneelse remenber?

Hope this helps
Markeh.