Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
hi,I'm the mad one who started this thread.so sorry to make you all depressed.
have you heard of the mars bar getting fried in batter at the chippie
not tried it and not going to
At the local agricultural fair a few days ago there was a Hot Chocolate van selling all of your favourite chocolate bars fried. Didn't have the courage to try one and the kids weren't too keen either maybe next year we will be local enough to give it a go
Old Oct 20th 2005, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Not in the least fired up, matey, your statement was bullshit. Now you know better. The nationalities you mentioned were not the only ones playing soccer.....fact
If you'd bothered to read the first post i said 'Italians, Greeks and Lebanese fall into this category' i never said they were the only ones. fact.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:35 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

Originally Posted by NooNoo
If you'd bothered to read the first post i said 'Italians, Greeks and Lebanese fall into this category' i never said they were the only ones. fact.
You did.

I shall quote directly from your post:

Originally Posted by NooNoo
You're right, it does sound offensive but WOG actually stands for wealthy overseas gentleman - Italians, Greeks and Lebanese fall under this category in OZ and they are the only ones who play soccer.
Click here to read the original.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
You did.

I shall quote directly from your post:

Click here to read the original.
For christs sake - ALL i was trying to say right from the beginning (in a light hearted manner mind you) was that you don't find many Aussie blokes playing soccer. FFS get a life and stop being such a miserable prick, i feel sorry for you. Do you not get sick of being a pain in the ass? bored now.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:31 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Proper glaswegian chips and curry sauce !! Been away from glasgow for 6 years and still i miss chips and curry sauce.

Aussie chips just arent the same (and I'm an aussie :scared: )

The chippy that we use to live near in Rutherglen only half cooked there chips, which put me off a little. However, the Chinese shop next door cooked them just right. I like my chips crunchy, hope I don't sound too whining.....

ZX.....
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:42 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,I'm the mad one who started this thread.so sorry to make you all depressed.
have you heard of the mars bar getting fried in batter at the chippie
not tried it and not going to
The mars bars are lovely

LOL re the deep fried pies though, went up to Edinburgh a few years ago and definatley saw deep fried scotch pies. Told my partner about them when we went this year but couldnt find em anywhere, the chippy I saw them in before said they've never done em but they have. My other half doesnt believe they existed
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:32 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

when i move over i am going to miss my BARR'S DIET IRN BRU
I will probably need to go into rehab .So boyfriend will have to watch how he act,speaks,walks or whispers around me cause i know i I'm going to be mad woman to live with.God help him
Can't be 100% sure but we were in a lunch bar the other day and we are sure we saw IRN BRU
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:35 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
...and all the violence that goes with it?
Only if you are a Millwall fan :scared:
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:36 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Is the Dairy Milk chocolate as good as UK? Hope so!!
My husband is a connosieur of Cadbury's Dairy Milk and says it is not half as nice, sorry
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:38 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emzee
My husband is a connosieur of Cadbury's Dairy Milk and says it is not half as nice, sorry
It does have a different taste but you get used to it, we are going to live in Tasmania where the Cadburys factory is
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
The chippy that we use to live near in Rutherglen only half cooked there chips, which put me off a little. However, the Chinese shop next door cooked them just right. I like my chips crunchy, hope I don't sound too whining.....

ZX.....
is that the chippy over the road from the church that was converted?
if it is, the chips oota there are shite!!!!!!