Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of
Default Re: what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

Originally Posted by NooNoo
I am far from racial, thank you. Growing up in Australia - most of my mates were 'WOGS' and they freely call themselves that - so don't go jumping to conclusions about who is and is not racial on this site. If I had said something hateful or discriminatory then - yes have a go at me. Until then check what you 'chuck in' in future.
i think it was the reference to wog=soccer (as in canadian=hockey) that was being refered to, not racial discrimination!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:25 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

You're right, it does sound offensive but WOG actually stands for wealthy overseas gentleman - Italians, Greeks and Lebanese fall under this category in OZ and tthey are the only ones who play soccer. If you get a chance watch the ozzy movie WogBoy cracker!!!
I thought it meant Worthy Oriental Gentalman, but what the 8888 do I know. Can't even hit the caps key*****************88 Ok I can, but this time of night with a bootle of Penfolds and a couple of Crownies inside me wot u expec!

Slater et du vin
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slater
I thought it meant Worthy Oriental Gentalman, but what the 8888 do I know. Can't even hit the caps key*****************88 Ok I can, but this time of night with a bootle of Penfolds and a couple of Crownies inside me wot u expec!

Slater et du vin
When Blue came along I was pleased...but then they brought out the Silver! good old Rizzla x
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

I will miss spontaneous visits from the family and going to Spain. I love Spain and everything Spanish but do not think I could raise the family there. Who knows where I will retire to but it is Oz for sure for now x
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:25 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

I am far from racial, thank you. Growing up in Australia - most of my mates were 'WOGS' and they freely call themselves that - so don't go jumping to conclusions about who is and is not racial on this site. If I had said something hateful or discriminatory then - yes have a go at me. Until then check what you 'chuck in' in future.
Excuse me?

I wasn't implying that you were racist, hateful or discriminatory and my comment was not based on your use of the word "wog", which I fully support (as my previous post should have demonstrated.)

I simply took issue with your claim that the only people who play soccer in Australia are Italians, Greeks and the Lebanese.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:26 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

Originally Posted by barsha barbie
i think it was the reference to wog=soccer (as in canadian=hockey) that was being refered to, not racial discrimination!
Right on the money!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:09 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

You're right, it does sound offensive but WOG actually stands for wealthy overseas gentleman - Italians, Greeks and Lebanese fall under this category in OZ and tthey are the only ones who play soccer. If you get a chance watch the ozzy movie WogBoy cracker!!!
this is actually the most stupid statement I've seen on this forum & I assume you are trying out for the dickhead of the year award

I played for a Dutch soccer team for 3 years, we played against slavs croatians etc you name it. As for said nationalities you mention being " wealthy overseas gentleman " get your hand off it mate, you have no idea fwcwit!! lol
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

blondie666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im Gunna Miss My Friends N Family!...The Snowy Christmases ...I Dunno N Just The Whole Feel About England!
Cya Later
xx
Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:20 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gogdownunder

I played for a Dutch soccer team for 3 years, we played against slavs croatians etc you name it. As for said nationalities you mention being " wealthy overseas gentleman " get your hand off it mate, you have no idea fwcwit!! lol
The Dutch used to be called clog wogs! Don't think anyone escaped a bit of harmless ribbing, and I mean harmless. Call a spade a spade.

Slater
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Its great to see a wee thread heat up now and again and what a great way to do it, just add the race card lol
I live in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. Not being able to play football anymore because im a decrepit old Bas&%$ like to nip down every now and then and watch the odd game.
I would have to say that most of the players in this area are British or Irish. Then u get a pile from other countries and even some from Australia. Thats about to change though, with the new A league.
I watched a game at the weekend a looked over to watch a kids match and noticed that a lot of the crowed were wearing Sydney tops, some of the kids had players names on them.
If u go to a football park on a Sunday or even a Saturday, u will see about 10-20 kids (boys and girls) teams playing on them. There are loads of parks around out area too. Back in the uk before I left I would only see a few teams of boys playing elevens, most played 5s, 6s, or 7. I may be wrong, but I think football its about to make it big here and it will be called FOOTBALL
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gogdownunder

this is actually the most stupid statement I've seen on this forum & I assume you are trying out for the dickhead of the year award

Love a good laugh in the morning!! - you Tw*t!!! Can't believe I'm arguing over such a lame topic!!! - Love when pathetic wa**rs like yourself get fired up though!! Bring it on!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:39 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

what will i miss?? mmmm

burburry capped f**kwitts in nova`s with bass turned up
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:49 am
Just Joined

flavinski is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: what you miss or going to miss about the uk???????????????/

thanks to the people who explained what wog ball meant.didnt mean to cause trouble its just that i am of mixed race and when i was younger ,i was called wog on a regular basis.i just wasnt sure how offensive the word is in oz and my 11yr old daughter has never been called it or even knows the word.im not one to play the race card and was just intriged to know .cheers peeps.flavinski
Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

v moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nice

If you are moving to Brisbane there is a shop in Logan home its about 30km from the city.You can get large amd small bottles of Iron bru importrd from scotland. The guy who owns it is scottish he also sells haggis and other scottish stuff.Hope this helps you. Good luck in to you where ever you end up living.
Originally Posted by zbettyboop
when i move over i am going to miss my BARR'S DIET IRN BRU
I will probably need to go into rehab .So boyfriend will have to watch how he act,speaks,walks or whispers around me cause i know i I'm going to be mad woman to live with.God help him
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:23 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Love a good laugh in the morning!! - you Tw*t!!! Can't believe I'm arguing over such a lame topic!!! - Love when pathetic wa**rs like yourself get fired up though!! Bring it on!
Not in the least fired up, matey, your statement was bullshit. Now you know better. The nationalities you mentioned were not the only ones playing soccer.....fact

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.