Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What you love about Victoria

What you love about Victoria

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

The OConnor family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What you love about Victoria

Thanks for that,message for the drys, we`re from Suffolk too!
Practically next door...Stowmarket!How far are you with your
application?is it going well?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Wilsons prom, is spectacular, probably the best sceneary that one could hope for within a small geographical area. I suspect that it's just a hint of what one gets In Tassie or NZ though. The great ocean road, 90 miles plus of the most fantastic drive by the sea one could ever get, with crashing surf and isolated beaches. I'm glad to see that it got a mention. The laneways and shopping that is Inner Melbourne, and Vic market, Everyone else has forgotten to mention, The mecca of Anglo/Aussie sport, In the MCG. Now that is spectacular.

Beyond all of this, is arguably the best eating out experince in the world. and blow me down it's damn cheap, Ethnic restaurants at their best abound. The best three streets in Melboune for this are undisputedly, Brunswick St Fitzroy. Lygon St Carlton, and Bridge Rd, Richmond, Opps better mention Chapel St, Prahran. All you need is circa 30 quid, for two. and your in Utopia. Special distinctions go to, Sydney Rd, Brunswick, Southbank, and Acland st St kilda Dammit I'm hungry now.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:09 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Good state for motorcycle riders, has some of the best roads for bikes. Oh and of course Philip Island, Moto gp and the superbikes. I rode to Philip Island from Canberra in 2001. I found everyone in Victoria very helpfull with directions, even the police weren't to bad.
Jim
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:56 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wannalollipop
Are you / your friends aware that Melbourne and NOT sydney was voted Gay Captial last year ---- 18th century LOL

And we've got the 15th Melbourne Queer Film Festival here next month. (Hmmm, maybe that's just showing queer films, as it were.)
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:04 am
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

I love everything about Vic!

I love the fact that if i cant sleep during the wee hours i can get up and walk around the city centre at 3 or 4 am and feel totaly safe, The bars are great the food is fan bloody tastic and very cheep too, its clean, its quiet but if you want some action its here too, the parks are great and i dont work for the Vic city council trying to get people to visit

Fmr
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:40 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally Posted by Fremantleraider
I love everything about Vic!
And yet you're going to Perth?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:49 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkMyWords
And yet you're going to Perth?
Hes just come from Perth Mark, should change his name to Vicraider now.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:53 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally Posted by Bordy
Hes just come from Perth Mark, should change his name to Vicraider now.
More importantly he should change his signature and his title!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Pin Oak Court, Vermont South

of course!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chocaholic

of course!

You sad bugger
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:04 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic

of course!

rack off Bouncer!!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bordy
You sad bugger
Yep
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:48 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Brizbound]
Originally Posted by jackisback
Victoria has the Grand Prix..........SA used to have the Grand Prix.

SA has the AFL champions - Victoria used to have the AFL champions (a long time ago!)
Four years hardly constitutes a long time (and it twas the mighty Essendon who won it then i believe)

Maybe its a similar number to the amount of times Port have choked??
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

The footie
Wilsons Prom
Alpine region, all of!
Great ocean Rd
Echuca (and the murry)
The Blacks Spur
Marysville and surrounds
Phillip Island
Mornngton Peninsula

Ski fields that you can go to for the day
The tennis
The Grand Prix

And the fact that theres so much more to explore, The fact that the weathers not too hot for too long (great for holidays but not to live IMO) The fact that i can now find my way to the city and the G and the Telstra dome easily. The list is endless really
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

thedrys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The OConnor family
Thanks for that,message for the drys, we`re from Suffolk too!
Practically next door...Stowmarket!How far are you with your
application?is it going well?

Hi guys

Have sent you a PM (Private Message).

Look on top right of your screen and where it says Private Messages, it should say how many unread you have. Click on Private Messages and it will take you to them.

You should check this each time you log in as people send PM's from time to time.

Enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.