Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What you doin tomorrow..???

What you doin tomorrow..???

Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:34 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Default What you doin tomorrow..???

Just signed the lad up to play Aussie rules football tomorrow....................(no idea about the rules)...we start a 8.30am. :scared: .but it's only at the end of the road.... .....
He was presented last night with his team Guernsey....yes they call it a Guernsey not a Jersey....they must have got their channel islands mixed up somewhere...

CORKER
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:35 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What you doin tomorrow..???

if anyone is interested, we are off to see a band tomorrow with some of our new aussie friends.
cheers
vb2

Originally Posted by CORKER
Just signed the lad up to play Aussie rules football tomorrow....................(no idea about the rules)...we start a 8.30am. :scared: .but it's only at the end of the road.... .....
He was presented last night with his team Guernsey....yes they call it a Guernsey not a Jersey....they must have got their channel islands mixed up somewhere...

CORKER
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:29 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vb2
if anyone is interested, we are off to see a band tomorrow with some of our new aussie friends.
cheers
vb2

Off to my bed now...for the start..
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:47 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

CORKER
Might go for a drive to the Blue Mountains - Katoomba possibly - nothing definite planned though!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:56 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

CORKER
Plans are to visit a beach at last!

Been here over a month and don't seem to be able to find the time! ...

Plenty of time for that tho they tell me ...
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:14 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Got fix mates motor in morn then will just chill as its only going to be 23 deg c 2mo brrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

just got back from oz from hols and got to go back to work
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have been to Australia Zoo and my daughter was most upset that Steve Irwin was not there. I tried to explain that he couldn't be there every day and she accepted that apart from she said that he should be there on a weekend when most people will go. I suppose she has a point. I now have to email them (at her request) to find out when he will be there as she wants to make sure the next time she goes she can see him. I am not a zoo sort of person really but we had a nice day out and will probably go again.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 11:52 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
Well we have been to Australia Zoo and my daughter was most upset that Steve Irwin was not there. I tried to explain that he couldn't be there every day and she accepted that apart from she said that he should be there on a weekend when most people will go. I suppose she has a point. I now have to email them (at her request) to find out when he will be there as she wants to make sure the next time she goes she can see him. I am not a zoo sort of person really but we had a nice day out and will probably go again.

Aww bless her. Thanks for the heads up though. Australia Zoo is on my daughters 'to do' list too and if she found that Steve wasnt there she wouldnt be happy either. If you could let me know what their reply is please I'd appreciate it!

cheers

Rach xxxx
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Aww bless her. Thanks for the heads up though. Australia Zoo is on my daughters 'to do' list too and if she found that Steve wasnt there she wouldnt be happy either. If you could let me know what their reply is please I'd appreciate it!

cheers

Rach xxxx
we went the week before last whilst on hols and he was there my cousin has lived in oz all her left and never seen him she and her daughters werent happy .
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 6:29 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

I am back to work tomorrow after a week off. It is end of year so I will be writing up my teams apraissal reports - deep joy.

ON the point of Australia Zoo. When we went in 2004, he wasn't there and I was absolutely gutted, my son wasn't fussed. He should have a schedule up of when he is there as I am sure that there must be a lot of people who would change the date if they knew he was going to be there.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
I had that sort of issue when my daugher was a little squeaker. Her first tooth was wobbly and she was concerned that the Tooth Fairy wouldn't know the going rate. As we were living in Canberra at that time and that's where the coin making section of the Mint is, I suggested that we contact the place that made the money as they may know. She suggested that we go there at night and help ourselves. I countered that by suggesting that maybe the Tooth Fairy knew what she was doing but let's write to the Mint and ask what they thought.

So we did and mentioned we had had this discussion and my daughter (with the wobbly tooth) was still concerned that the Tooth Fairy should be kept informed of current values. The Mint thought it a great letter. They replied and were very diplomatic about the market value of 3 year old teeth etc. They also published it in their magazine. My daughter was happy with the response as she then knew that she was being looked after.

Several years later I worked with a woman from the Mint and she mentioned this episode and was quite happy to meet the person who wrote to them.

So work out a great (and humourous) letter outlining your daughter's concerns and send it to them.