What year?

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice
Default What year?

Hello everyone

We are planning to arrive in Western Australia in early February to live and work and we have 6 children.

I am very confused as to what year of school they would be going into.
Here in the UK the school year goes from September until July as you know but the beginning of the school year over there is January so come January 2008 we have no idea what year they would be in.

Their ages are:

Billy (13) - 16/1/1994 currently in year 9
Shannon (12) - 31/3/1995 currently in year 8
Daniel (12) - 6/3/1995 currently in year 8
Jordan (6) - 6/9/2001 currently in year 1
Tabitha (5) - 17/7/2002 currently in year 1
Daisy (2) - 14/2/2005 currently in a pre-school playgroup but at what stage would she is eligible for starting 'proper' school?

Any ideas?

Jackie
xxxx
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:23 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What year?

I looked at those dates and thought, wow you were busy in 95....then I guessed you were a ready-made family??? i.e. 2 different marriages
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all
Default Re: What year?

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
Hello everyone

We are planning to arrive in Western Australia in early February to live and work and we have 6 children.

I am very confused as to what year of school they would be going into.
Here in the UK the school year goes from September until July as you know but the beginning of the school year over there is January so come January 2008 we have no idea what year they would be in.

Their ages are:

Billy (13) - 16/1/1994 currently in year 9
Shannon (12) - 31/3/1995 currently in year 8
Daniel (12) - 6/3/1995 currently in year 8
Jordan (6) - 6/9/2001 currently in year 1
Tabitha (5) - 17/7/2002 currently in year 1
Daisy (2) - 14/2/2005 currently in a pre-school playgroup but at what stage would she is eligible for starting 'proper' school?

Any ideas?

Jackie
xxxx
Billy will go into year 9.
Shannon will go into year 8
Daniel year 8.
Jordan year 1
Tabitha will go into Pre-Primary
Daisy will start Kindergarten in 2009 (4 half days or 2 full days a week depends on the school), then Pre-Primary in 2010, year 1 in 2011.
Jordan and Tabitha come under the rule of having a birthday after the 1st July so would have started school the calander year they turned 7.

The school years run from February to December.