Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what ya watchin in aus on telly

what ya watchin in aus on telly

Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what ya watchin in aus on telly

We had Austar installed yesterday and the first things I watched were Emmerdale and Eastenders :-)
I'd forgotten how depressing Eastenders is, every scene was some idiot shouting at another idiot. One of the first scenes was the fat cow that had a kid with Martin Fowler getting out of bed :-(
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I sat down about 8.30 and watched some interesting stuff on Discovery about a US Navy Aircraft carrier being built and then Without a Trace on channel 9. Adverts don't bother me. Then I went to bed.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:55 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I manage to watch a couple of things but it worries me that when a good series ends it gets replaces with yet another CSI/NCIS/Numbers/ type programme. Thankfully got broadband now and have read more books than usual.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

I found the TV was crap in Cairns, but then who wants to watch TV when its nice and hot.

Go into town and sit in a bar or resterant and have dinner and a few coffees and a good old chin wag with the family.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:06 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I found the TV was crap in Cairns, but then who wants to watch TV when its nice and hot.
Totally agree - but its not hot here at the moment!
Go into town and sit in a bar or resterant and have dinner and a few coffees and a good old chin wag with the family.
Again would love to but not so easy when some of your family are aged 6 and 8!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Totally agree - but its not hot here at the moment!
Again would love to but not so easy when some of your family are aged 6 and 8!
Fair play, I forgot how cold you lot are at the moment

Still thin TV is poo
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I watch the same stuff I watched in the UK. It's seriously no different here from there IMO of course.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Wednesday night is currently my favourite night on TV.

Selling Houses Abroad on Lifestyle at 7.30. I LOVE that guy - he's so rude to these drongos who buy houses next to swamps, build illegal extensions etc and then wonder why they can't sell them.

Followed by Relocation, Relocation on Lifestyle at 8.30 with posh Kirsty Allsop househunting for two gay guys, who after two years still hadn't made up their minds what they wanted.

Brilliant..
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:38 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Issie
When will the 4th series of lost be showing in Australia ?
cant find a date for it, its being shown in USA feb 08.

season 3 finale is on tonight 2 hr special

currently loving the new Dr Who series phew he's so tasty that David Tennant

we find loads of stuff to watch here we've only got digital tv so gives you a couple of extra channels, only thing I miss is corrie and emmerdale
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:40 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
I manage to watch a couple of things but it worries me that when a good series ends it gets replaces with yet another CSI/NCIS/Numbers/ type programme. Thankfully got broadband now and have read more books than usual.
Don't get me started on the annoying things they do! Oops, too late.
Advert breaks 2 minutes in and 2 minutes from the end of a programme;
leaving a series hanging mid-season while they take a 6 week break over Xmas (My Name is Earl);
mixing in new episodes with repeats of the same programme (House);
cancelling a series after one episode because it wasn't an immediate hit in the ratings (Two & a Half Men);
Having an ad-break at every goal in the footie (I will only watch it on Fox now);
Moving a programme to another slot / day...
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:05 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I watch Eastenders and BigBrother, only because the kids like them.

Thursdays I watch Hotel Babylon.

Shameless is on late on Saturdays.

They have just started showing Burn It again, think it was early Sunday.

Apart from those, I like the Biography channel along with History and CI.

Oh! And Miami Ink, 5.30pm.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom

When you have just done a 10-12 hr shift in the hospital and its bloody freezing outside, believe me i just want a cup of tea an hr of telly and bedthen up for my next 10-12 hr shift

aus would be fab if you didn't have to work
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:23 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Ransi;5106254]I watch Eastenders and BigBrother, only because the kids like them.

Shameless is on late on Saturdays.

I watched shameless the other week, it was like seeing an old friend , seeing Frank Gallacher
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by worzel
Don't get me started on the annoying things they do! Oops, too late.
Advert breaks 2 minutes in and 2 minutes from the end of a programme;
leaving a series hanging mid-season while they take a 6 week break over Xmas (My Name is Earl);
mixing in new episodes with repeats of the same programme (House);
cancelling a series after one episode because it wasn't an immediate hit in the ratings (Two & a Half Men);
Having an ad-break at every goal in the footie (I will only watch it on Fox now);
Moving a programme to another slot / day...

so thats why i cant find the stuff i started watching

Like Taggart on a friday night (which i never watched in the uk coz it's crap), but i like hearing the accents here, but it must be a loss with the ratings as its not on now
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:06 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
so thats why i cant find the stuff i started watching

Like Taggart on a friday night (which i never watched in the uk coz it's crap), but i like hearing the accents here, but it must be a loss with the ratings as its not on now
Was he murrrrredddddderrrrrrred?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.