Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What would you stock up with

What would you stock up with

Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:54 am
skye

Default What would you stock up with

any items you would stock up with to go in the container to bring over to Oz which are cheaper here in the UK?

Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you stock up with

Originally Posted by skye
any items you would stock up with to go in the container to bring over to Oz which are cheaper here in the UK?
tampax compac - i cant get them for love or money here and DeJour jsut arent the same!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
tampax compac - i cant get them for love or money here and DeJour jsut arent the same!
ahem, i am presuming you are female..... if not bring some anyway and sell them to me!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:05 pm
skye

ha ha yes I am female but thankfully dont need them anymore

Any other items... I was thinking about bedding, towels and washing powder etc......... and marmite!

Do they sell bovril.........

thanks!

Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:16 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skye
ha ha yes I am female but thankfully dont need them anymore

Any other items... I was thinking about bedding, towels and washing powder etc......... and marmite!

Do they sell bovril.........

thanks!
Im worried about the supply of Pot Noodles, Horlicks and Ambrosia Rice pudding..........................
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

hp sauce . heinz ketchup & colemans mustard
hell if i'm gonna live on BBQ food i need some sauces!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:23 pm
skye

Horlicks we can relate to.... to get a good nights sleep through all this stress - the other two no idea!!!!!

Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Been warned to bring as much bedding as we can fit in, for some reason it was really expensive in Perth !!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

Originally Posted by john_w
Been warned to bring as much bedding as we can fit in, for some reason it was really expensive in Perth !!
How much is expensive??

I saw some nice bedding in Marks & Spencer the other week, and it was £65 for a duvet cover and you had to buy the pillow cases separately for, I actually don't know cos when I saw the price of the duvet cover alone I lost interest!! :curse:

I know you can get cheap in the UK but sometimes cheap is tat..........
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice

good fitting bras
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:40 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john_w

Also bear in mind that the bed sizes are different here though. Unless you are going to bring all your beds and use linen on them - be careful. King Size UK = Queen size Australia.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:50 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
we were going to take a box full,i asked my shipper ,how much would it cost me in duty..??

he said ,how long is a piece of string!!!

Last edited by aston man; Mar 19th 2007 at 8:58 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice

Originally Posted by aston man
we were going to take a box full,i asked my shipper ,how much would it cost me in duty..??

just unpack them all round bits and pieces no problem..
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man

Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by louise
I was thinking the same thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.