Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What would you most like to do while waiting for your visa?

What would you most like to do while waiting for your visa?

Old Sep 19th 2004, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What would you most like to do while waiting for your visa?

Sitting here, thinking that time can go so slow when waiting for something - the saying 'good things come to those who wait' can be a bit frustrating when you want the good things to come ...now!
Wondered how others are spending their time - or hope to spend their time - while waiting......?
Cas
Having said that, time goes pretty quick when on this forum
Old Sep 19th 2004, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What would you most like to do while waiting for your visa?

I know! It really is the most tedious thing in the world isn't it? All this waiting is killing me.
I just thank goodness that I have work to go to everyday. And that as a teacher my kids keep my mind well and truly on the job all day. But whenever poss I run into the computer room and email hubby to see if anything new is happening. And then I tear through of an evening to check for any 'important' mail.
And since we're applying for a spouse visa the waiting isn't even very loing for us! We only sent the app just over a week ago.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ushas
I know! It really is the most tedious thing in the world isn't it? All this waiting is killing me.
I just thank goodness that I have work to go to everyday. And that as a teacher my kids keep my mind well and truly on the job all day. But whenever poss I run into the computer room and email hubby to see if anything new is happening. And then I tear through of an evening to check for any 'important' mail.
And since we're applying for a spouse visa the waiting isn't even very loing for us! We only sent the app just over a week ago.
Even at work - which I love - my mind keeps straying.
Thinking about blackmailing the postman/offering something he cannot refuse (except he is not my type - so I'll have to resort to the former)
Cas
Old Sep 19th 2004, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Sitting here, thinking that time can go so slow when waiting for something - the saying 'good things come to those who wait' can be a bit frustrating when you want the good things to come ...now!
Wondered how others are spending their time - or hope to spend their time - while waiting......?
Cas
I'd like to win the lottery whilst I'm waiting - would certainly make things a little easier when we do eventually get there !!

Old Sep 19th 2004, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ohippy
I'd like to win the lottery whilst I'm waiting - would certainly make things a little easier when we do eventually get there !!

Too true - certainly wouldn't be at work - I'll find something else to fill the time - but, yes, leave some cash to make things easier post-UK
Cas
Old Sep 19th 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking along the lines of being able to hand in my notice at work so I don't have to work out the most accurate timing (I have to give 2 months notice) so that I earn as much as I can before I go. Have plenty of time and cash to arrange a stress free move (pay someone to clean everything to be shipped). Not have to worry about selling the house as I wouldn't need to - as opposed to having to sell before I can afford the plane tickets and no time limit to having to get a job when I'm there. Get a nice hut on the beach then chill forever !!

Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Cas
Hey Cas, do you do Tai Chi? I understand it's a great stress buster and can consume time as you learn the complex sequences. Maybe something like that......
Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:10 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Wondered how others are spending their time
Explaining to people:
"No I haven't heard any more news since last time we spoke (10 minutes ago)"
"No I don't have family there"
"No I haven't got a job lined up"
"No I don't think I'm mad"
"Yes my family was upset when I told them but they'll get over it"
"I'll be selling my house, not renting it"
"I don't know how long I'll stay there, it depends if I like it"

Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hey Cas, do you do Tai Chi? I understand it's a great stress buster and can consume time as you learn the complex sequences.
So has 'Twister' and certain pages of the Karma Sutra
Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

So has 'Twister' and certain pages of the Karma Sutra
LOL! I don't think it's physically possible to actually do half the stuff in the Karma Sutra! Could be a good laugh trying though!
Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

LOL! I don't think it's physically possible to actually do half the stuff in the Karma Sutra! Could be a good laugh trying though!
Naughty - so you read it/have a copy?
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

Naughty - so you read it/have a copy?
Yes I have a copy. It's actually mainly about marriage and lifestyle choices. I think it got turned into something of a sex manual somewhere over the next couple of thousand years........
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Yes I have a copy. It's actually mainly about marriage and lifestyle choices. I think it got turned into something of a sex manual somewhere over the next couple of thousand years........
OH
Hyped up then? - never read it myself yet
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:24 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally Posted by wmoore
Explaining to people:

Sums it up quite well.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:30 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
Explaining to people:

WOW...DITTO!!! Maybe we should just record it onto a tape player...and when the inevitable questions start (AGAIN) just press PLAY! Or, for more of a visual impact, perhaps we could all get it tatooed on our foreheads?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.