British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   What would you like your real estate agent to be like? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/what-would-you-like-your-real-estate-agent-like-219691/)

podgypossum Mar 25th 2004 4:12 am

What would you like your real estate agent to be like?

We all hate them, and all moan about them, but what sort of agent would make you change your mind about them?

I have a personal interest in finding out ;)

RichS Mar 25th 2004 4:27 am

I'd like one that was bluntly honest. I don't for example ever expect to hear the phrase:

"Well obviously the place is a complete shed, but thats what you get for $1m in this area"

attractive,large breasted and outrageously flirtatious would be in the "nice to have"column.

female too even.

podgypossum Mar 25th 2004 4:36 am

LOL...

not sur about big boobies..but i like hte honest bit. I always find it laughable that they think we are so stupid.

MrsDagboy Mar 25th 2004 5:09 am

Re: What would you like your real estate agent to be like?

Originally posted by podgypossum
We all hate them, and all moan about them, but what sort of agent would make you change your mind about them?

I have a personal interest in finding out ;)
One that actually listens to what you say ie. "I want a large block of land" does not equate to "I want a block that is 400sqm", one that doesnt treat you like you are so stupid that you will believe any opinion that they have "You cant get a much better block of land than this" (Actually, you could - if it wasnt on a main road, under major powerlines, half under the floodline & on the side of a mountain!), one that tries to understand the sort of property you are looking for & ONE THAT DOESNT TELL OUT & OUT LIES!

Thats a start anyway :)

podgypossum Mar 25th 2004 5:31 am

Thankyou Mrs DB... i shall bear that in mind :D

EssexNobby Mar 25th 2004 7:59 am

One that speaks and acts just like the normal guy or girl on the street, i.e. just like "one of us". Empathy is a good selling technique and one which estate agents have yet to learn.

biggy Mar 25th 2004 8:43 am

.................I have got the best Estate Agents ever, service is superb.......staff are very professional but up for a giggle at the same time!!! Got my first viewing on Saturday....I dont even need to stay in and do that, they do it all for me and it doesnt cost me anything extra :)

Just going to buy the newspaper and see what my ad looks like :)

Whingin Pom Mar 25th 2004 9:18 am

Kelly Brooke

phyonics Mar 25th 2004 9:40 am

just one that is totally professional and honest.

Someone that has integrity and won't go behind your back.

There was a story on the news in the UK a couple of days ago about a guy who couldn't sell his flat. When he went round there unannounced he found that his estate agent was living in it and putting buyers off!!!

Marko

Ev'n'John Mar 25th 2004 11:15 am

The Real Estate Agent who helped us buy our new house recently dropped back round today to see how we were getting on and to give us a "good luck in your new home" bottle of Chardonnay!
(That probably means he's earning far too much commission - but a nice thought anyway!)

Vegemite Kids Mar 25th 2004 11:47 am

one that actually gets back to you when they say they will, rather than having to chase them up 3 times before they actually call you back.