Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What would you do with a million dollars?

What would you do with a million dollars?

Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Megalania
Nup, you have to save it on your own or charm it.
Ach if it doesn't come effortlessly I don't want it
Old Dec 19th 2003, 11:55 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
5 Houses at $200k each, rented for $200 per week each = $1,000 per week income.

That would be the sensible option. !
ABC, yeah that was my other thought, property baron, about 4 half decent properties could at least keep hunger & homelessness from the door.

Meg, didnt want to touch a nerve, in fact now Im disturbed that I touched anything of yours LOL.

Seriously though, a million dollars isnt small change to most people, Im interested in whether people would continue to keep working (as Dagboy says he will, albeit perhaps less if he could wrangle his position down), or whether they would try to persue a dream. So far its made interesting reading

Pookin, our shares have gone up dramatically in the last 12 months, I think the portfolio has more than doubled. But its too stressful, I dont think I could do it with a million dollars, we just cashed in some options a few weeks back & we were biting our nails & covering our eyes when it got close to the price we had put a sell order in at, in case they continued to go through the roof & we lucked out bigtime LOL.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:05 pm
WBB

if i had a million dollars i would keep it all under my bed and bring it out daily to look at it!

Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:12 pm
Badge

Originally posted by welshboybilly
if i had a million dollars i would keep it all under my bed and bring it out daily to look at it!

that reminds me, your gas meter is due a reading. Let me know when you are at home.

Badge
British Gas

Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:15 pm
WBB

Originally posted by badgersmount
that reminds me, your gas meter is due a reading. Let me know when you are at home.

Badge
British Gas

lol

funnily enough i used to read gas meters for transco.

Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:22 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

lol

funnily enough i used to read gas meters for transco.

Speaking of gas............
Attached Thumbnails What would you do with a million dollars?-ssgas.jpg  
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:25 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Houdini

ha ha great photo, looks like me the morning after a good session on the curry.

Old Dec 19th 2003, 2:11 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

In the same theme I would have a room in my house just filled with it in notes and run about in there daily throwing it about and screaming 'I'm rich, I'm rich'.

then I would go and buy myself a life.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 2:21 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Houdini
Ah yes a good blow out the next morn.......

The english gov. would prob pulp it down and lay it under a toll motorway

Me Spend Spend Spend old fashioned i know but what the heck!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We have been pondering this question for a while now and reckon the best thing to do would be to get into property renovations and lettings, it might be boring but it is fairly safe and hopefully most of the time your assets would increase.

It is interesting to hear all of your ideas and it seems to be a trade off against doing something fun that you would enjoy, but that wont necessarily make you much money, or doing something safer, but unexciting and making more! I think I will go for the safer option
Old Dec 19th 2003, 5:33 pm
Badge

I think Tina is trying to tell us that she actually HAS that 1M.

House in Surrey and all that..

Badge

Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:13 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

I forgot I have got billions stashed away but bugger all use it does me now!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

House in Surrey and all that..

Badge

Might have! But whatever we have we have worked hard for, and have done projects most people would not tackle. We will enjoy getting it to work for us for a change

Last edited by tinaj; Dec 19th 2003 at 9:29 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:49 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Easy. Me and Mr Bundy would buy an outback pub and get it running with a backpacker hostel out the back. He'd run the pub side of things, I'd run the hostel side.

Either that, or take a year or two off work so that I can write.

Bundy,
you could market it as an artists retreat!!! there is a demand for that sort of thing (so my mother tells me, as sshe complains that next door's music is stopping her from finishing her novel!!)

me, Id buy one of those huge american motorhomes and bugger off round the world for a couple of years.

sue
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:59 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Badge, why else would someone think about what to do with a million?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.