Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What would you do?

What would you do?

Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:42 am

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would you do?

Soooo.......

..i'm currently in a lovely one bedroom cottage near noosa in the hinterland with views to die for, cost $270 per week all bills included, but!, i have to drive 116kms per day round trip from work and back, theres no rubbish collection so i have to put my rubbish in layby bins, there's another cottage pretty close that is a holiday let so you never know who you're going to be living next door to, its on a farm so when you're in a hurry to get to work you have to get in car drive 50meters open gate, drive throught gate get out shut gate, drive a bit further then repaet gate process with gate no2.

have just been offered a huge 3 bedroom house in the hinterland near nambour, no neighbours at all, $250 per week with all bills included, i can walk to work, but i'd have to break my current lease which is going to be stress and hammer my savings but i really want it!!!!

help me decide
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:51 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: What would you do?

Originally Posted by Bello
I have to drive 116kms per day round trip from work and back, .........

i can walk to work, but i'd have to break my current lease which is going to be stress and hammer my savings but i really want it!!!!

help me decide
Cost saving of fuel to get to work, compared to the cost of breaking lease ?

It may be an easy choice if you have those figures handy...

116kms per day = 27,840 km per year at say 10 cents per km = $2,784 saved on petol on 1 year, not counting wear and tear. (my car is 15c per km)

How much will breaking the lease cost ?

Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bello
Soooo.......

..i'm currently in a lovely one bedroom cottage near noosa in the hinterland with views to die for, cost $270 per week all bills included, but!, i have to drive 116kms per day round trip from work and back, theres no rubbish collection so i have to put my rubbish in layby bins, there's another cottage pretty close that is a holiday let so you never know who you're going to be living next door to, its on a farm so when you're in a hurry to get to work you have to get in car drive 50meters open gate, drive throught gate get out shut gate, drive a bit further then repaet gate process with gate no2.

have just been offered a huge 3 bedroom house in the hinterland near nambour, no neighbours at all, $250 per week with all bills included, i can walk to work, but i'd have to break my current lease which is going to be stress and hammer my savings but i really want it!!!!

help me decide
No question! Advertise your place immediately and take it!!! You'll be saving in fuel alone!!!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:56 am

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute

very good point! if i abandon the property it'll cost me my bond of $1080, i reckon if i do it the nice way and go through the channels with the landlady and agent it'll cost me 4 weeks rent, which is exactly the same lol.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:59 am

it should be a no brainer shouldn't it? but i'm such a dick at making decisions lol, just need abit of a nudge.