Reload this Page >

What would you do?

What would you do?

Old Dec 6th 2003, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What would you do?

Hi all

Haven't been posting much lately, i seem to be a bit of a wreck!!!
What i need to know is, we applied april 2003, front loaded police checks may 2003, is it worth booking in for our meds in january or should we just wait for the request?

Thanks one and all for any thoughts.

Cheers

karen
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What would you do?

Originally posted by karen and andy
Hi all

What i need to know is, we applied april 2003, front loaded police checks may 2003, is it worth booking in for our meds in january or should we just wait for the request?

Cheers

karen

Had ours done without request and applied after you, each to own but was good to get them out of way

Teresa
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that, i'm going to book in first thing monday morning.

Cheers

Karen

Another day closer.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

What type of visa are you applying for
Old Dec 7th 2003, 6:08 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Cheers

karen

Karen

We received notificaiton from DIMIA last thursday to get our police checks and medicals done. We rang up on Friday had our medicals on Monday.
It could not have been any quicker. I do not know how big your family is but it cost us 600 quid, so my advice to you would be to hold on untill requested to do so. It will delay your application by a week at most. The police checks took 7 working days for us but I have seen some horror stories on this website for return times.
Suggest you get them done as it is not to much of a problem to get them done again should they expire.

Cheers.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Karen

We received notificaiton from DIMIA last thursday to get our police checks and medicals done. We rang up on Friday had our medicals on Monday.
It could not have been any quicker. I do not know how big your family is but it cost us 600 quid, so my advice to you would be to hold on untill requested to do so. It will delay your application by a week at most. The police checks took 7 working days for us but I have seen some horror stories on this website for return times.
Suggest you get them done as it is not to much of a problem to get them done again should they expire.

Cheers.

Dont want to contradict you adelaidebound but not all surgeries will get you in as quickly as that, it may depend on how far your prepared to travel. We were fairly flexible with location but still took us 3 weeks for an appointment and a further 2 weeks to be sent (due to waiting for blood results).
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had the letter saying we have got the visas, the letter also said we had to enter the country by sep 04 ,a year after we had the police checks done. so beware of your time limits. They said the police checks would take up to 40 days to do but we had them back within 2 weeks. when they ask for the medicals to be done they send over another form with one of you photos that you sent with your main forms attached to it , medicals and xrays were done and sent all within 1 week. The medicals also has to be done by one of their doctors on the panel list that they send you, also make a few phone calls as we saved £130 as diffrent doctors do charge diffrent amounts.hope this helps and good luck
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all

Thanks for all your advice, we are going to phone around tomorrow to see if there is a long wait for meds, and take it from there.

Adelaide bound when did you apply?

S J Oldfield, we applied under skilled 136.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers

karen
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Prices do vary a lot so ring around. we ended up paying £25 each for x-ray at the local hospital which was on the list. We paid £460 for 5 of us to have our medicals ( the Dtr did a discount for us!).

If you leave it until the last minute you will probably end up having to go to the most expensive one as they will be the only one that has places!
Old Dec 8th 2003, 3:10 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Hi all

Thanks for all your advice, we are going to phone around tomorrow to see if there is a long wait for meds, and take it from there.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers

karen

Karen
Dimia recieved our application on the 20th August 03. Medicals requested last Thursday.
We also rang around we tried 4 different panel doctors all of whom were able to carry out medicals within a week. We went for a doctors in Harley street, Xray was carried out late morining followed by the examination an hour later as it was only 4 doors away. HIV test was carried out in Wigmore street which was around the corner from Harley street. It took only 3 hours to carry out all the required tests and relieve me of my hard earned cash.

Cheers.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 3:15 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Hi all

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers

karen

Karen

Should have mentioned that we applied under STNI So were nominated to Dimia by the South Australian goverment for priority processing. We have noticed there are many others on this forum who are taking the same route.

Cheers.