What would you do?

Wikiposts

What would you do?

Old May 27th 2003, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What would you do?

Hi guys,

Would be interested in your thoughts on this one (especially from people already out in Aus):-

Before coming out of the Navy in 2005 Mark is entitled to attend re-settlement courses (paid by the Navy) to help ease the transition into civvie life. He has no idea what courses to do!! Obviously if we go to Aus it would be helpful to attend a course/obtain a qualification that is Aussie recognised. It may be possible for him to go to Aus to do a course. (A mate of his is currently in Canada doing this.)

Mark is a qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical and Airframes) although he doesn't have any civvie licences to do aircraft work. (Nor is he bothered about doing his licences). He is a qualified aircraft welder and has spent the last few years doing sheet metal work. He has CNC experience. (Hope I've got these terms right.) He's not bothered about staying in the aircraft industry.

Anybdy got any ideas for courses which may make it easier to get a job in Aus?

It seems like good builders are in demand. What about bricklaying? Possible to learn in a couple of months?!

Would it be worth getting an Aussie welding qualification? Are there jobs for welders?

There seemed to be a lot of vacancies for air con engineers advertised when we were over in Aus. A possibility?

Any input appreciated.

Nicola
Old May 27th 2003, 10:33 pm
Badge

Default Re: What would you do?

if you don't mind tropical Townsville in QLD the Aussie Defence Force have stacks of jobs..maybe civilian - I mean.

but presumably he's had enough of the forces environment and wants out anyhow

I am planning to join the Australian Army Reserve as soon as they'll have me

badgers

Nicola [/QUOTE]