Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What would take home pay be ?

What would take home pay be ?

Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

the greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nice
Default What would take home pay be ?

We recently got the 136 visa and hope to make the move to Qld soon. We are trying to weigh up what we can afford to rent or buy. Initially only one of us will be working and I wanted to ask on a gross wage of $1051 per week what would the take home be ?

Also we have one child and I understand we can apply for family tax credits. Could anyone give me an idea of how much we might be entitled to ?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:21 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What would take how pay be ?

Originally Posted by the greens
We recently got the 136 visa and hope to make the move to Qld soon. We are trying to weigh up what we can afford to rent or buy. Initially only one of us will be working and I wanted to ask on a gross wage of $1051 per week what would the take home be ?

Also we have one child and I understand we can apply for family tax credits. Could anyone give me an idea of how much we might be entitled to ?
www.familyassist.gov.au there is a calculator on here that will give u an idea

Last edited by biggy; Sep 6th 2007 at 9:29 pm. Reason: thanks steve'o for pointing out my typo
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:22 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
www.familyassist.gov.au there is a calculator on here that will give u an isea
an isea mmm
wine good
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:28 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
an isea mmm
wine good
from a recent wage slip

gross 1096 net 852 i hope this helps

regards steve
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:28 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
an isea mmm
wine good
lol smart arse......its 7.30am Im on the coffee
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:33 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by biggy
lol smart arse......its 7.30am Im on the coffee
and i`m on a hang over

catch you later

regards steve
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

You can use www.mycareer.com.au and go to 'Salary Centre' then you can enter your pay (you can choose annual/monthly/weekly) and it will tell you what's left after tax. It doesn't tell you anything about child tax credits or anything, just standard income tax. Quite handy though!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:44 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

The Australian tax office site has calculators re: tax which may help
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What would take home pay be ?

You are looking at take home pay of just over $3500 per month. Hope this helps.

Sean
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:34 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Basic Taxable Gross - no super included 1051 = 823 Take home

http://www.ato.gov.au/scripts/taxcal...ndard_hire.asp

for family credits you need

http://www.familyassist.gov.au/Inter...ntent/payments

you need to be careful when doing calculations - they are assessed over the year and if your income goes up during the year, and the payments to you are not adjusted you will be expected to pay them back.

Tax year is from July to June.

Depending on where you live 50 K is around average income per person - not per family. But then what are averages!

Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Depends where in Qld where you are going to live but i would say you would be looking at about $300 to $400 a week rent for a nice house in a decent area
Regards
Raven