Reload this Page >

What work do you do in OZ?

Wikiposts

What work do you do in OZ?

Old Dec 23rd 2005, 5:43 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What work do you do in OZ?

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
hi possums-anybody bought your effing house yet-any sign of a moving date?
nope and nope

hows things with you? are you all set to go?
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
nope and nope

hows things with you? are you all set to go?
yes-crown relocations coming 6 jan-we're not shipping any furniture, just personal stuff so that shouldn't take long; in the process of opening an hsbc a/c which seems to be taking forever, already opened an ANZ a/c; have ebayed most superfluous stuff of any value, now in the midst of filling charity shop bags with anything in decent condition; last day at work 17 jan for both of us; cursing malaysian air for their poxy 20kg baggage allowance, and flying 22 jan to sydney via Lumpy Koala and having a week's hols in NZ visiting friends before arriving in hobart 2 feb.

our employers are providing accom for a month when we arrive to give us a little bit of breathing space thank goodness.

we seem to have gone from there being loads of time to do stuff to "oh my god, we haven't done ....yet!"
Old Dec 24th 2005, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
yes-crown relocations coming 6 jan-we're not shipping any furniture, just personal stuff so that shouldn't take long; in the process of opening an hsbc a/c which seems to be taking forever, already opened an ANZ a/c; have ebayed most superfluous stuff of any value, now in the midst of filling charity shop bags with anything in decent condition; last day at work 17 jan for both of us; cursing malaysian air for their poxy 20kg baggage allowance, and flying 22 jan to sydney via Lumpy Koala and having a week's hols in NZ visiting friends before arriving in hobart 2 feb.

our employers are providing accom for a month when we arrive to give us a little bit of breathing space thank goodness.

we seem to have gone from there being loads of time to do stuff to "oh my god, we haven't done ....yet!"
Hope everything goes well for you

I know what you mean, we are sat in limbo then when we do sell the house it'll be one mad rush to get everything sorted.

Keep in touch and hopefully we'll meet up on the other side.

Have a fab christmas
Old Dec 24th 2005, 12:54 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Retired: sure beats working!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

I'm a Hairdresser and have been offered two positions for when we arrive.
I am really thinking of a career change though, try and guess what, I will reveal all in time depending on whether I get the job. Tell you what, as it seems to be the thing these days, why doesn't someone do a POLL.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
I am really thinking of a career change though, try and guess what, I will reveal all in time depending on whether I get the job. Tell you what, as it seems to be the thing these days, why doesn't someone do a POLL.
Yeah, thought not!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 3:32 pm
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
.....and you understood that?

Heart Felt.. dude...

- Bart
Old Dec 28th 2005, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

martinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to all

Hope this is posted in the right place on the board. Its interesting reading some of the posts on this thread; people who have come to Oz and don't seem in much of a hurry to find work. They seem very chilled about the situation. ie: move over and worry about work later. Myself, I admit I'm a bit of a worrier.... If I didn't find work quickly I would be unable to sit back with no income even if I did have a pile of UK cash to sit on. I'd be too stressed about it!

I was wondering what work I would do in Oz. I am an electronics engineer in the UK, repairing PCB's etc. Is there much demand for someone like me in Oz and if so whereabouts? I do look on the job sites but can't see many jobs advertised and none of them have any salary listed. Can anybody help me out here with salaries (do they compare to UK ones) and whereabouts in Oz somebody like me would need to head for?

I am 33 in March and from what I read, 35 is too late so I had better get a move on otherwise I will never have a chance to go!?!?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by martinw01908
Hope this is posted in the right place on the board. Its interesting reading some of the posts on this thread; people who have come to Oz and don't seem in much of a hurry to find work. They seem very chilled about the situation. ie: move over and worry about work later. Myself, I admit I'm a bit of a worrier.... If I didn't find work quickly I would be unable to sit back with no income even if I did have a pile of UK cash to sit on. I'd be too stressed about it!

I was wondering what work I would do in Oz. I am an electronics engineer in the UK, repairing PCB's etc. Is there much demand for someone like me in Oz and if so whereabouts? I do look on the job sites but can't see many jobs advertised and none of them have any salary listed. Can anybody help me out here with salaries (do they compare to UK ones) and whereabouts in Oz somebody like me would need to head for?

I am 33 in March and from what I read, 35 is too late so I had better get a move on otherwise I will never have a chance to go!?!?
45 is cut of age for skilled independants
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

bainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant future

We're getting ready to embark on the long visa application process, i'm currently working in IT but hope to change careers in oz. Not sure yet what I want to do, but as long as it pays enough to get us a decent place and feed the kids I'm not too fussed what I end up doing, as long as i end up in oz!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

martinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to all

Its amazing how much people want to go to Oz. I guess this is because they love it so much and the UK is going to the dogs.

Cut off may be 45 but if you are going on the skilled immigration route then you lose points at 35 compared to 33. Thats my worry. I was going to take a holiday/fact finding trip in March to see where and how and if I would really like to live there.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by martinw01908
Its amazing how much people want to go to Oz. I guess this is because they love it so much and the UK is going to the dogs.

Cut off may be 45 but if you are going on the skilled immigration route then you lose points at 35 compared to 33. Thats my worry. I was going to take a holiday/fact finding trip in March to see where and how and if I would really like to live there.
yep your right forgot you lose points the older you get, hence why we are going STNI
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
With a fine pair like that, may I hazard a guess at Lap Dancer?
Would seem you're perfectly qualified!