British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   What will you be doing this weekend?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/what-will-you-doing-weekend-318237/)

Stitch Aug 5th 2005 11:38 am

What will you be doing this weekend??

Hi,

Spotted an earlier post about things to do on the Gold Coast at the weekend and just wondered what everyone else (UK & Oz is planning).

We live in a wee culdesac with about seven houses. We have been planning a street party, BBQ and drinks. Hiring a bouncy castle (big one for adults and kids can amuse themselves!!)

Only trouble is yet again forecast if for rain. It's been cold lately but at least dry but the one day we need to stay sunny we can't seem to have. :(

What about the rest of you??

Cheers

flumper Aug 5th 2005 11:43 am

Re: What will you be doing this weekend??

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

Spotted an earlier post about things to do on the Gold Coast at the weekend and just wondered what everyone else (UK & Oz is planning).

We live in a wee culdesac with about seven houses. We have been planning a street party, BBQ and drinks. Hiring a bouncy castle (big one for adults and kids can amuse themselves!!)

Only trouble is yet again forecast if for rain. It's been cold lately but at least dry but the one day we need to stay sunny we can't seem to have. :(

What about the rest of you??

Cheers

We are going to a boat show on the Sunshine coast to look at boats we can't afford and possibly a spot of fishing. :)

Fuzzy Duck Aug 5th 2005 11:49 am

Going on a pony trek and then spending too much money at Indooroopilly shopping centre. :beer:

steandleigh Aug 5th 2005 11:49 am

Hi!! :)

We are having a completely lazy, doing nothing weekend, this weekend. :D Ste is on call as of tonight until next Thursday a.m, which inhibits our comings and goings (but only 1 week in 8, so not that bad, really).

Last weekend we had friends visiting from Brisbane. The weekend before, we had a long weekend at Cape Tribulation. The weekend before that, we went to the Mareeba Rodeo, all weekend.

We camp a lot and make the most of the weather and the locality of the 'good stuff'.

But for this weekend - we're having a rest!!! Aah!!! :D

Hope the weather clears for you all and you enjoy your bouncey castle!!!

steandleigh Aug 5th 2005 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
spending too much money at Indooroopilly shopping centre. :beer:

Whatcha buying???? :)

Goodwin Aug 5th 2005 11:53 am

I will be celebrating my last day at work today (Friday), Saturday i will be nursing my hangover from Friday night and then Sunday we are going for an all you can eat chinese meal.

Looking forward to flying out to Sydney on the 23rd Aug!!!!!!

DagBoy Aug 5th 2005 11:57 am

On the agenda for this weekend are the following:

Take the boys to an all day scout thing out West on Sat (while they are rubbing sticks together to make fires MrsD and I will check out the local pub for lunch).
Clean the cars (inside and out)
Take down the remaining part of my old retaining wall and move the blocks out of the way to make room for the new retaining wall (by the way - anyone in the Brisbane area want to buy a few hundred second hand "Norfolk" blocks?)
Backfill the new retaining wall (about 100 barrow loads of soil to move, I am so looking forward to that job).
Paint the ceiling and walls in my bathroom
Finish off the trim for my verandah lining
put up a swingset

I would not put money on all of them being achieved, particulalry since some of them have been on the list for some weeks now. Oh - OK - I admit it, the cars have not been cleaned since September :eek: :scared:

And that list does not include the things that I would like to be doing too, like cutting the grass, sorting the shed, fixing the guttering, digging a veggie patch, putting up the boys' cubby house .......

If only work didn't get in the way of productive weekends.

Cheers,

DagBoy

Stitch Aug 5th 2005 11:58 am

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hi!! :)

We are having a completely lazy, doing nothing weekend, this weekend. :D Ste is on call as of tonight until next Thursday a.m, which inhibits our comings and goings (but only 1 week in 8, so not that bad, really).

Last weekend we had friends visiting from Brisbane. The weekend before, we had a long weekend at Cape Tribulation. The weekend before that, we went to the Mareeba Rodeo, all weekend.

We camp a lot and make the most of the weather and the locality of the 'good stuff'.

But for this weekend - we're having a rest!!! Aah!!! :D

Hope the weather clears for you all and you enjoy your bouncey castle!!!

Cheers for that, I fully intend to enjoy every inch of the bouncy castle....probably cause I won't be able to stay in the one place!! Bummer about on call. My hubby's on call only lasts one night, albeit it's every week.

Enjoy the rest.

Cheers

Jaykay Aug 5th 2005 11:59 am

We're off to the Scienceworks and Planetarium tomorrow. Followed by an evening in front of the TV watching Essendon pulverise Sydney Swans!

Then on Sunday I'm doing a 1/2 marathon around Princes Park...phew!

Flutterscutter Aug 5th 2005 11:59 am

A spot of whale watching at Blenheim (hopefully)

steandleigh Aug 5th 2005 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by DagBoy
Oh - OK - I admit it, the cars have not been cleaned since September :eek: :scared:

Cheers,

DagBoy

I think the cars might survive another week or two!!! ;)

( says "Mrs. Drives a mobile skip") :D

billy0911 Aug 5th 2005 12:29 pm

Hi
well this weekend its our niece's birthday party (1) so we will be there on saturday and probebly bore everyone about aus lol
sunday prob just watch the football and dream of getting a e- mail on monday when we wake up sad eh
Vicki & Billy

Anastasia Beaverhausen Aug 5th 2005 12:32 pm

We will be cleaning and touching up the house. Estate agents coming to value the place on Monday :eek:

Claire
xx

wmoore Aug 5th 2005 12:33 pm

House hunting in the morning, followed by a picnic in the park on Saturday. Off to see the Brisbane Lions v Hawthorne (Aussie Rules) on Sunday, followed by a club bash where you can meet the players and stuff.

Brisben Aug 5th 2005 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore
House hunting in the morning, followed by a picnic in the park on Saturday. Off to see the Brisbane Lions v Hawthorne (Aussie Rules) on Sunday, followed by a club bash where you can meet the players and stuff.

Shouldn't you be job hunting :p