Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What will you be doing this Christmas?

What will you be doing this Christmas?

Old Dec 17th 2002, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool What will you be doing this Christmas?

Hi all,

Cold crisp winter sitting around a large christmas dinner dreaming of sun, sea and sand!

Our friends have just moved back to Syndey in June and are planning on having a seafood barbie whilst we tuck into our turkey and watch the frost (and possible snow) outside!

I was just wondering what everyone out there is doing for their christmas?

Whatever it is have a good one and hopefully a fantastic new year.

Love Ginny
Old Dec 17th 2002, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What will you be doing this Christmas?

Family time, might be our last. Make sure we play lots of games and make quality time for the kids. Put wellies on and wrap up for walks to clear the cobwebs.

Also plan for the future, I finish work at Christmas so I need to find something to do till the visa comes through...

Mash..

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi all,

Cold crisp winter sitting around a large christmas dinner dreaming of sun, sea and sand!

Our friends have just moved back to Syndey in June and are planning on having a seafood barbie whilst we tuck into our turkey and watch the frost (and possible snow) outside!

Love Ginny
Old Dec 17th 2002, 8:20 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Love Ginny
My wife and I will be driving the Great Ocean Road/Grampians for 7 nights in a campervan followed by 3 nights of luxury in a 5 star hotel in Melbourne. Not a sniff of turkey for us this year!
Old Dec 17th 2002, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Dooooohhhh, why did you have to tell us that. We drove along Great Ocean Road 2 years ago but didn't take long enough to amble. Spent far to long in the car...

I am totally envious....
Mash...

Originally posted by Herman
My wife and I will be driving the Great Ocean Road/Grampians for 7 nights in a campervan followed by 3 nights of luxury in a 5 star hotel in Melbourne. Not a sniff of turkey for us this year!
Old Dec 17th 2002, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Love Ginny
We're going to stay in Adelaide this Christmas, we'll have Christmas dinner by the pool at my boyfriend's family's house. Last year we went to the Grampians and Ballarat, then up to Renmark camping by the river.

It was only 26c last Christmas in Ballarat, and it rained, I think it's going to be a stinker this summer in Adelaide. Yesterday it reached 41c here.

Part of me misses the cold Christmas shopping, all wrapped up, running for shelter in warm shops, going home and eating minced pies and drinking hot tea. But only part of me!

Have a good one, wherever you are.
Nara
Old Dec 18th 2002, 5:01 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Love Ginny
Eatting 2 christmas dinners one in resturant and then off to a friends house for another some how got double booked , it has been 40c on Christmas day before here not a day that a roast dinner sits well on never mind 2.
Give me christrmas lunch in an English Pub any time theres little or no christmas spirit here at all, sun and barbie sounds great to you but here thats an everday thing like the song says "do they know its Christmas time at all"

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 18th 2002 at 5:10 am.
Old Dec 18th 2002, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

JustArrived is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We'll be enjoying our first Xmas in Australia. Hopefully get to the beach a couple of times with the children and get in some european beer for the cricket.

PB is right, though. Doesn't really feel like Christmas here at the moment.
Old Dec 18th 2002, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

mullen is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking what will you be doing this christmas

Gone posh PB?must be an English pub near by I am sure you could squeeze a third in.Spread the Christmas cheer wear your red and white outfit with pride(Look out for all the Liverpool fans now)Do you miss an English pubs Christmas fare so much the last one I had could have walked out the pub.....YUK.
Tip for you with the 2 Christmas dinners ,get your bearings durring the second know where the toilet is plan the shortest route........
Old Dec 18th 2002, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Cooking my 9.2kg Turkey and enjoying myself, the only part of the winter I like over here is Christmas, that and the January sales.We are going straight out to the shops on Boxing Day - I will definately miss the shopping when we get to Aus.

I don't think you can beat a Christmas over here with all your kids snuggled up and the heating on full blast, but I would still prefer the heat, just cold for the 25th thats all!

Happy Christmas to you all
Tina
Old Dec 18th 2002, 9:55 am
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Watching the telly we just bought from retravision whilst sitting on the floor, waiting for the sofa to arrive from the UK!

Oh and going to the beach of course....
Old Dec 18th 2002, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Eating my vege nut roast and wishing that it wasnt sub zero outside and wishing that i could join the rest of my family in Perth at Jetties in Hillarys for New Year

Baaa humbug by the way!!
Old Dec 18th 2002, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

gbarker is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile xmas

seeing as we can't be celebrating on the beach in Australia this year, we decided to spoil ourselves with a carribean cruise to cheer ourselves up! I think I'm booked in for a round of golf on Christmas day in the Dominican Republic
Old Dec 18th 2002, 10:12 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Nara
We're going to stay in Adelaide this Christmas, we'll have Christmas dinner by the pool at my boyfriend's family's house. Last year we went to the Grampians and Ballarat, then up to Renmark camping by the river.

It was only 26c last Christmas in Ballarat, and it rained, I think it's going to be a stinker this summer in Adelaide. Yesterday it reached 41c here.

Part of me misses the cold Christmas shopping, all wrapped up, running for shelter in warm shops, going home and eating minced pies and drinking hot tea. But only part of me!

Have a good one, wherever you are.
Nara
We spent christmas in adelaide way back in 94!!! bloody hot at 44c! PB is probably right about the locals not getting into the swing of things, but its what you make it! I remember sweating over a hot stove cooking a matthews turkey roast and having pine cone (4" high) for our christmas tree (we were travelling at the time), we put up tinsel everwhere much to amusement of everyone, but it was one of the best christmases we had!! Especially as the cashier in the little offy next to Coles got our bill wrong, and we got a bottle of whisky and baileys for free!!!

Enjoy!!
Old Dec 18th 2002, 10:24 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what will you be doing this christmas

Originally posted by mullen
Gone posh PB?must be an English pub near by I am sure you could squeeze a third in.Spread the Christmas cheer wear your red and white outfit with pride(Look out for all the Liverpool fans now)Do you miss an English pubs Christmas fare so much the last one I had could have walked out the pub.....YUK.
Tip for you with the 2 Christmas dinners ,get your bearings durring the second know where the toilet is plan the shortest route........
Thanks for the advice had many an aussie meal that should have been served there in the first place.

Old Dec 18th 2002, 10:27 pm
Banned

Default Re: xmas

Originally posted by gbarker
seeing as we can't be celebrating on the beach in Australia this year, we decided to spoil ourselves with a carribean cruise to cheer ourselves up! I think I'm booked in for a round of golf on Christmas day in the Dominican Republic

Make the most of it such shows of wealth are unheard of in Australia, change places if you want , your Christmas sounds far better than being here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.