Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What will work and what wont?

What will work and what wont?

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Me and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the rough
Question What will work and what wont?

Hi,

I am new at this so please bear with me. We are emigrating to W.A in the next few months (hopefully settling in Rockingham) and was wondering if anyone knows which electrical items will and won't work over there. I have read some of the posts about T.V's not working (but my father in law has blagged ours anyway) but we wanted to take our boys' Play Station 2. If we need to buy new coz it won't work does anyone know if the games will? Should we just bring them? Will my hairdryer and hair straighteners work? Or should we sack it and stay in lovely OLDHAM for the rest of our days?? (we can always play on play station when it rains!!!)
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP SENT X
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future
Default Re: What will work and what wont?

Everything will work. Your TVs will kind of work, but they will not be able to pick up any TV stations. They will work fine if you use an AUS video as a decoder or buy a set top decoder. Basically, if you have spare room in a container then bring the TVs if not then buy new here. Everything else will work fine. Any games consoles will work fine as long as you have AV leads and not aerial type connectors.

Mike.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

P.S. We lived in Alkrington (middleton) and moved to Brisbane nearly 4 years ago.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Me and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the roughMe and my Boys is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wendy&Mike
P.S. We lived in Alkrington (middleton) and moved to Brisbane nearly 4 years ago.
Thanks so much - though my boys will be gutted, they were hoping to leave the PS2 here and buy a PS3 over there!
We r just up road from where u were, near Rose of lancaster pub and mills hill train station.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

We use to eat regularly at the Rose of Lancaster. Use to sit in the "conservatory" bit and watch the swans on the canal. My favorite dish was the lamb shanks. You're bringing back memories. Almost missing the UK (but only almost) .

Mike.