Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What Will We Talk About

What Will We Talk About

Old Aug 10th 2003, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Will We Talk About

Just come back from the pub, sitting under a brolly typical english, talking about our application yet again and wondering what we will talk about when it is all over, we feel that our lives have been on hold since we decided to go around a year ago and all we have talked about non stop ever since. We have now decided that we will try to enjoy ourselves and to try and stop thinking of whats around the corner.

anybody else feel they have put their lives on hold for so long

arlene (half of des and arlene, sounds australian already dosnt it)
Old Aug 10th 2003, 4:38 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Will We Talk About

Originally posted by desmund
anybody else feel they have put their lives on hold for so long
We started with our TRA in Nov 2001 and have just about finished (bond has been requested and we are just awaiting the infamous yellow envelope :scared: )

We were just saying the other day that it is like our lives are in limbo. We have no dreams or aspirations for this country anymore. There are no new purchases to be made.

Though now its so close we have all the logistics to be sorted, the house sale to go through, the taking the kids to see the sites one last time, the family to see.

So the last 6 months have been really difficult but were hopefully on the home run now and our life is cranking up again.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point

know how u feel, anything new we like is decided by will it make the house sell any quicker, no new clothes as we are thinking we can buy them out there, cars we are running into the ground and repairing them as quick as they go wrong, jobs, well i would love to apply for some new jobs but who would have me when the sister on my ward has already had to give me a reference for my assessment qualifications and has said that she willl state this to any new employer!! Des is saying chill out but that is his personality not mine, I am the eternal worrier

so to phrase his words I am trying to chill

arlene