Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What will happen if the application is sent to pool?

What will happen if the application is sent to pool?

Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:10 am
Just Joined

Mirage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What will happen if the application is sent to pool?

Thank you for running this site and giving valuable information to us.

I have applied for an AU migration ten months back and now I have got the message from my case officer, saying that “your application has been sent to pool”. Could you please explain me
- What will happen to my application?
- Will that application considered in any case?
- If so, how long will it take?
- Is there any other option that I can try to apply?
- If so, what is the procedure that I have to follow?

Let me thank you in advance for your valuable advice.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 7:02 am

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What will happen if the application is sent to pool?

Originally Posted by Mirage
Thank you for running this site and giving valuable information to us.

I have applied for an AU migration ten months back and now I have got the message from my case officer, saying that “your application has been sent to pool”. Could you please explain me
- What will happen to my application?
- Will that application considered in any case?
- If so, how long will it take?
- Is there any other option that I can try to apply?
- If so, what is the procedure that I have to follow?

Let me thank you in advance for your valuable advice.
Hi there,

It looks like you have not got quite enough points and as far as I know the idea of the pool is in case they reduce the points required such that you would then have enough.
That may never happen however so you need to investigate if there is anything else you can do mean time incl the option perhaps of state sponsponsership, higher point qualification recognition etc. Check it out on the DIMIA web site.

Do you know how many points you have?

Brian.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Mirage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What will happen if the application is sent to pool?

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your reply. Yes you are correct. According to my case officer, I have got only 105 points out of 120. Bellow is the reason that he has highlighted
• I have claimed 10 points for my experience - He has considered my experience after my MSc graduation, where I’ll get only 2 years of experience. But, before I complete my graduation I have already got almost 5 years of experience, now I have completed 7 years of experience.

• I have claimed bonus points 5 for my Language professions in my mother tongue (our language is one of the community language) – I didn’t get the points for that also. I have provided my educational certificate to prove that I’m profession in my mother tongue.

These are the reasons where my points have gone bellow.

Do you think is there any other way that I can appeal or proceed on my application? Or do you think that I have to reapply again after a year?

Thank you for your valuable advice.

Originally Posted by bjbrian
Hi there,

It looks like you have not got quite enough points and as far as I know the idea of the pool is in case they reduce the points required such that you would then have enough.
That may never happen however so you need to investigate if there is anything else you can do mean time incl the option perhaps of state sponsponsership, higher point qualification recognition etc. Check it out on the DIMIA web site.

Do you know how many points you have?

Brian.