Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are we like!

What are we like!

Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:49 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister
I wonder how they're doing?
per their website (see Sindys profile) looks like they are enjoying life:

January 2004

We have been here for four months now and what can I say other than Brill, Brill, Brill. We have all settled in very nicely and wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:56 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

She's logged on right now!

Wow, speak her name three times and she will appear!

Hi Sindy!!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsy
Hi Sindy & Bill
Was just wondering how you were getting on - any chance of an update?
Hi Guys

We are still here, honestly

Sorry to whomever it was at the hen night Podgypossum, (love the avatar), it really wasn’t anything they said!

Still busy house hunting and, no surprise, its not going that smoothly! Thought that at long last we had a house in the bag the other week only to have it snatched away from us, mega boo hoo time!

Have been meaning to post, checked in a few times to have a nosey at how it is going with everyone, but most of every spare minute is spent scanning newspapers and the Internet for property. A right headache, will be glad when we find our house and I am able to ‘nest’.

We are still renting in Athelstone, Adelaide, and we absolutely love it here, lease expires at the end of March so we had better get a move on and find a house soon! Tomorrow the estate agent comes round for the routine Inspection of property, I hate it, watching them pry around in all the rooms, I know they have to do it for the owners but I hate it none the less

Hopefully when we have moved I will have some time to post again on Expats, although I will have to go some to catch up with WBB – how many! Nearly fell off my chair when I saw how many posts he has made. Have you got that Visa yet?!!!!!!

Other than the house hunting life is going brilliantly, the clan have settled in well and we are loving it What an adventure England? where's that?

Good luck to all

Sindy

PS Hi Steve!!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi Sindy

It was Jockneys wife i was talking to at the girls night out. I will pass on what you said. You must come and meet up with us all one day/evening. We have struck up a big network of new expats here in Adelaide and they really are a fantastic bunch. We all try to help each other out and look after each other. Theres a couple of them who live in Athelstone too!!

Glad you are loving it here just as we are

regards

Nicki
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

chloet is an unknown quantity at this point

[
Hi Sindy,
That was a great post...
Lucky you to have such fantastic neighbours...
My friends live in the Dress circle at Athelstone...Its a gorgous place to live...
Chloe...

QUOTE]Originally posted by Sindy
Hi Guys

We are still here, honestly

Sorry to whomever it was at the hen night Podgypossum, (love the avatar), it really wasn’t anything they said!

Still busy house hunting and, no surprise, its not going that smoothly! Thought that at long last we had a house in the bag the other week only to have it snatched away from us, mega boo hoo time!

Have been meaning to post, checked in a few times to have a nosey at how it is going with everyone, but most of every spare minute is spent scanning newspapers and the Internet for property. A right headache, will be glad when we find our house and I am able to ‘nest’.

We are still renting in Athelstone, Adelaide, and we absolutely love it here, lease expires at the end of March so we had better get a move on and find a house soon! Tomorrow the estate agent comes round for the routine Inspection of property, I hate it, watching them pry around in all the rooms, I know they have to do it for the owners but I hate it none the less

Hopefully when we have moved I will have some time to post again on Expats, although I will have to go some to catch up with WBB – how many! Nearly fell off my chair when I saw how many posts he has made. Have you got that Visa yet?!!!!!!

Other than the house hunting life is going brilliantly, the clan have settled in well and we are loving it What an adventure England? where's that?

Good luck to all

Sindy

PS Hi Steve!! [/QUOTE]
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:07 am
WBB

good luck with the house hunting, check in and let us know how it is going, always nice to hear from one of the old posters.

still no visa here yet but it cant be much longer.

Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Sindy

Glad to hear that all is well with you and your family.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:43 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
She's logged on right now!

Wow, speak her name three times and she will appear!

Hi Sindy!!
Steve,

Thought you were the Genie round here !

Jill

Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:46 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Steve,

Thought you were the Genie round here !

Jill
I'm a bit woried what you might want to rub, though!