Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What visa is Prince Charles travelling on?

Wikiposts

What visa is Prince Charles travelling on?

Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:59 pm
wombat42

Default Re: What visa is Prince Charles travelling on?

The Royal bludge off Aussie taxpayers, free holiday visa.

Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:07 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
The Royal bludge off Aussie taxpayers, free holiday visa.
No different to John Howard or the Governor General 'bludging' off the UK taxpayer when they visit Britain.

Australia picks up most of the tab for security and other costs when President Bush visits Australia too. And vice versa when J Howard visits the US.

It's all part and parcel of dealings between friendly nations.

Jeremy
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:09 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
No different to having private guests in your own house.

Jeremy
Or an unwanted visitor.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression he invited himself for this little "holiday" of his, and Australia did not invite him here (sounds like my mother in law).
This is according to the media who have been having a "right royal" go at his visit. He was not invited here, he invited himself.

At least Aus can afford it, but what about Fiji?

One million I think it's costing us tax payers in Aus.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
Or an unwanted visitor.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression he invited himself for this little "holiday" of his, and Australia did not invite him here (sounds like my mother in law).
This is according to the media who have been having a "right royal" go at his visit. He was not invited here, he invited himself.

At least Aus can afford it, but what about Fiji?

One million I think it's costing us tax payers in Aus.
It is unthinkable that Prince Charles would visit Australia without the consent of the Australian government.

However it's also unthinkable that Australia would refuse a request for a private visit from someone in his position.

The protocol for Prince Charles is no different than for individuals like Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark and his (formerly Australian) wife when they visit Australia.

Does that make him a 'wanted' or 'unwanted' visitor?

Jeremy
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:22 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
It is unthinkable that Prince Charles would visit Australia without the consent of the Australian government.

However it's also unthinkable that Australia would refuse a request for a private visit from someone in his position.

The protocol for Prince Charles is no different than for individuals like Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark and his (formerly Australian) wife when they visit Australia.

Jeremy
Of course he had permission from the Aus Gov, they could hardly refuse his "request" could they. But most"polite" heads of states I would think would tend to wait for an invitation. He invited himself, which a lot of the Aus public are not happy about.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:36 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

He's coming to visit my workplace today. I think I'll give him a miss.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:48 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
The crown Prince of Denmark and his wife, unlike Boring old Camilla shagging Charles, are popular in OZ and people want to see them. The Crown Prince and his Aussie wife actually like oz unlike Charles who has'nt visited for the last 11 years.

Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:54 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by renth
He's coming to visit my workplace today. I think I'll give him a miss.
Is he really?

If he is - are you mad????? This is one excellent opportunity to head butt old big ears !!!! - if you don't mind spending a night in the cells

( ever seen Mr Bean when he nutted the queen ..lol)
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:04 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Is he really?

If he is - are you mad????? This is one excellent opportunity to head butt old big ears !!!! - if you don't mind spending a night in the cells

( ever seen Mr Bean when he nutted the queen ..lol)
I'm putting my application for citizenship in this week, it might not help if I get done for assaulting a royal.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:07 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by renth
I'm putting my application for citizenship in this week, it might not help if I get done for assaulting a royal.
on the other hand ,it could actually speed it up
Old Feb 28th 2005, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

As he is your future king you should be delighted that he has chosen to bestow himself upon you.

Churlish to get all hot under the collar about it.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 3:23 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by RichS
As he is your future king you should be delighted that he has chosen to bestow himself upon you.

Churlish to get all hot under the collar about it.

You don't have him as "Prince of Wales" Now that's totally insulting.

I hope to see them gone in my lifetime. Democracy - ha!

How can Britain be democratic with that family - Did you vote for them? At least Aus had a vote

Burn the B8ggers
Old Feb 28th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

You don't have him as "Prince of Wales" Now that's totally insulting.

I hope to see them gone in my lifetime. Democracy - ha!

How can Britain be democratic with that family - Did you vote for them? At least Aus had a vote

Burn the B8ggers
Not entirely sure that burning them would be a particularly democratic move.

Having said that I'm not sure democracy is an altogether good idea anyway. In fact I think it generally exists in a flawed manner.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 3:35 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by RichS
Not entirely sure that burning them would be a particularly democratic move.

Having said that I'm not sure democracy is an altogether good idea anyway. In fact I think it generally exists in a flawed manner.

If the majority of the public want them burned , this is totally democratic!
If they don't - B8gger it anyway, they do not know what is good for them.. burn them anyway.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
The Crown Prince and his Aussie wife actually like oz unlike Charles who has'nt visited for the last 11 years.
Think how much money Charles has saved the Ozzie taxpayer by not coming here too often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.