Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What UK Items should we buy before we LEAVE !

What UK Items should we buy before we LEAVE !

Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What UK Items should we buy before we LEAVE !

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ah, ok. I assumed that since the Made in Dorset stickers had gone, they were producing them locally.

Interesting.

S
Not interesting mate DECEPTIVE... They dont want you to know they're as bad as all the others... In fact WORSE... And more expensive than clarins/ chanel/clinique... For a lot of items... At least those guys dont claim to be ings they're not....
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:40 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

All this fuss over a bar of soap

Old Feb 11th 2011, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
All this fuss over a bar of soap

they sell bath bombs too you know! This is SERIOUS !
Old Feb 11th 2011, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
They are one of my former employers.

Not many in the industry will treat your goods with kid gloves like you would treat your own stuff.

I only had a part load when I came back last year and it wasn't inspected at all.
We have a 40 foot high jam packed and they pulled out a lot of things out and didn't pack them very well again. The only things that didn't pass were an Andersons Shelter (school project with some grass and sand stuck on it) it was desroyed and our lawn mower which we paid $130 to have cleaned.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:46 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
We have a 40 foot high jam packed and they pulled out a lot of things out and didn't pack them very well again. The only things that didn't pass were an Andersons Shelter (school project with some grass and sand stuck on it) it was desroyed and our lawn mower which we paid $130 to have cleaned.
Your removalist should have known the import rules and warned you, Australia is very strict. I was advised not to bring my vacuum cleaner or I would have to pay for it to be cleaned like you did for your lawn mower. So as it wasn't exactly a Dyson I didn't bother bringing it.

Another point for anybody sending airfreight don't assume because you have FRAGILE stickers all over your boxes they will be treated gently, some freight handling people take a perverse delight in treating these boxes worse than the rest........
Old Feb 11th 2011, 9:25 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

I checked with the removals company and they said we could ship shampoo showeer gel soap powder etc as long as not look like setting up a business be ok so will be stocking up hehehehe (rubs hand in glee) even my cake colours will be fine (swoons)

Avril