Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What UK Items should we buy before we LEAVE !

What UK Items should we buy before we LEAVE !

Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What UK Items should we buy before we LEAVE !

Originally Posted by macy
I would buy some white emulsion and white gloss paint. Paint here is extremely expensive and the quality is awful, Dulux or Taubermmans is the best of the bunch and you still need 3/4 coats of the stuff, they must water it all down for the Australian market.

So buy lots of paint (mound resistant).....
You can't take paint in your container.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Phlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kim67
You can't take paint in your container.
Or, indeed, in your hand luggage.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phlanger
Or, indeed, in your hand luggage.
And dont try pouring ten litres of emulsion into an envelope and posting it either...
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
And dont try pouring ten litres of emulsion into an envelope and posting it either...
I wonder if you can paint it on lining paper before you come over and then just paste the paper directly on to your walls.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I wonder if you can paint it on lining paper before you come over and then just paste the paper directly on to your walls.
i hope you patented that idea before posting it on here... I reckon youre onto a winner there mate..
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
i hope you patented that idea before posting it on here... I reckon youre onto a winner there mate..
Quick,I need to find a mod to delete my post.This time next year I could be rich and buy a house in Wembley.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:30 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Vitamins, books, sheets and duvet covers (why are they so expensive here??? I find it odd that Sheridan is cheaper in the UK than it is here??), make-up (if you use it YSL touche eclat in particular, is $80 in Myer!!).
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quick,I need to find a mod to delete my post.This time next year I could be rich and buy a house in Wembley.
If you can't I'llbe rich and buying a house in peppermint grove

Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peepster
Vitamins, books, sheets and duvet covers (why are they so expensive here??? I find it odd that Sheridan is cheaper in the UK than it is here??), make-up (if you use it YSL touche eclat in particular, is $80 in Myer!!).
Ysl is $43.50 on StrawberryNet.com
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:43 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Ysl is $43.50 on StrawberryNet.com
It's still cheaper in the uk
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I second the washing powder thing, the stuff here isn't the best scent wise, it's so weak, the OH's folks brought over some Bold for us at Christmas and wow it smells just fab mmmmm
Washing powder again. The Oz stuff never go the stains out in my kids clothes for some reason
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Washing powder again. The Oz stuff never go the stains out in my kids clothes for some reason
I'd head to sports direct and pick up all the Lonsdale stuff. That was in the surf shop at ridiculous prices!!!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vacuum cleaners were also expensive if I recall along with camera's. Since the exchange rate though doing funny things I could be wrong.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by painter man
It's still cheaper in the uk
Im sure it it is.I was letting the poster that lives in Melbourne know that she can get it cheaper than it is in Myers.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 11:02 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Vacuum cleaners were also expensive if I recall along with camera's. Since the exchange rate though doing funny things I could be wrong.
Some vacuum cleaners like Dyson are more expensive in Australia, cameras are, generally, not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.