Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are U All Doing on Xmas Day?

What are U All Doing on Xmas Day?

Old Dec 13th 2008, 12:21 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are U All Doing on Xmas Day?

We'll be celebrating that we only have 12 days left in Perth!

Probably packing, finishing the bits of half empty Gin, Barcardi etc as we can't take them back and watching the videos my family have sent over of Eastenders, Spooks, Gavin and Stacey, Jack Dee etc.

Can't decide whether to have a Christmas lunch on the beach or have a roast.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What are U All Doing on Xmas Day?

Presents with kids & champagne brekkie on the deck ...

Down to Mullaloo with a big gang of trouble ... beach cricket, swim & beers, then off to a friends for dinner and cocktails ...

Tough gig.

Originally Posted by deborahjane

Probably packing, finishing the bits of half empty Gin, Barcardi etc as we can't take them back and watching the videos my family have sent over of Eastenders, Spooks, Gavin and Stacey, Jack Dee etc.

Old Dec 13th 2008, 3:29 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing!!! Ah bliss. Doing absolutely nothing Christmas. Staying indoors (will venture to the garden for a dip in the pool) and then pressies with the kids and playing, watching tv and generally slobbing around together. Sooooo looking forward to it!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 13th 2008, 3:39 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Going to the resort (my parents house) for Xmas lunch.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Campervan trip to Sydney, Canberra and Melb, flight to Cairns and drive to Port Douglas.

Not all on Xmas day of course.

Want to make sure the kids remember seeing plenty of australia.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 3:52 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Probably trying to repair what's left of the garden after several months of gales - if they've stopped by then.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

The plan was to go to Ballarat and spend some time with the elderly MIL but we dont seem to have got our act into gear so we could well spend the day painting and generally redecorating as part of our renovation process. Well - why not? It would be memorable and what else is there to do when you are Darby and Joan?!
Old Dec 13th 2008, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Going to my sister in laws. Hoping her pool will be finished in time so the kids can have a dip and play.

Sounds pretty good. Looking forward to it but rather missing UK at the moment.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 5:22 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

After the kids open their pressies, we'll have breakfast and take the jetskis out for a couple of hours.
Then we're going to Chrsitmas dinner at my friends - they'll be 25 of us, so should be chaos
Old Dec 13th 2008, 6:15 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe out on the boy's boat.

Cook dinner onboard.

G
Old Dec 13th 2008, 8:08 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

as usual, we will be going round the inlaws, sitting in front of the tele, wathcing a choice of chitty chitty bang bang or the rain running down the window, drinking a glass of asti spu, and dreaming of last xmas when we were in Bathurst and having a bbq, playing soccer and generally gettin p****d with all my family.

God, we can't wait to be back there, just feels like we left our souls there
Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:35 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

I answered this question on a similar thread a few weeks ago

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=ACE&page=2

Then we realised that hubby is on rosta to work on Christmas Eve/Day so I was just having a little rethink about our plans. Anyway about an hour ago I got a call from hubby to say he won the lottery and does not have to work over Christmas so it is all back on again, Yeah!. We have recently passed our skippers Ticket theory and hope to do the practical before Christmas so maybe we will take the boat out and have a Christmas picnic.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:50 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

I just re read my post and realised that it sounds a bit misleading. when I say mr ACE won the lottery I mean 'the day off lottery' that they held at work as they had a spare man on shift over Christmas.

Old Dec 14th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Our first Xmas in Sydney!!

We're going to be just three of us

I'm still trying to get my head around a sunny Xmas!! It will be a strange one this year...Far, Far away from friends & families so plenty of tears too..

Xmas on the beach! Got to be done, eh?

(And no Only foold & horses...)
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Down to the in-laws who live on Molloy Island, near Augusta SW tip of Oz. Bloody lovely down there. Will be my 2nd Christmas in Australia. I wonder if I'll have got used to the outside dinner and constant flies on the food??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.