Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What time do you get up.........

What time do you get up.........

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default What time do you get up.........

............bloody 4.30am since I got here, why does someone switch them birds on at that time, the Mrs bought me an alarm clock before I came here as the baby use to wake us up at 6am, I've not used it

I' nodding dog by 9pm well it's not as if I'm missing anything on telly.

Ian
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:41 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What time do you get up.........

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
............bloody 4.30am since I got here, why does someone switch them birds on at that time, the Mrs bought me an alarm clock before I came here as the baby use to wake us up at 6am, I've not used it

Ian
ditto that mate

cookaburra`s laughing their bowlocks off at 4.30 this morning

i also end up going to bed at 9 ish
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

another ditto

kookaburras start the show about 4ish, no chance of sleep after that, until about 9pm
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:20 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Between four and six.

(In the morning, that is <g>)
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:32 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

ditto.. get up at 5am to take hubby to work so i can have the ute!

usually go to bed about 9pm.. (in the style of a pensioner!) but hey makes the most of the day dunnit?

Sonic x
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird
ditto.. get up at 5am to take hubby to work so i can have the ute!

usually go to bed about 9pm.. (in the style of a pensioner!) but hey makes the most of the day dunnit?

Sonic x
OMG I was just like this on our reccie last year!!!! (except don't think I used to last much past 8pm ) awake every morning about 5ish!!!! hoped when we moved I'd be different!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:59 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by curly
OMG I was just like this on our reccie last year!!!! (except don't think I used to last much past 8pm ) awake every morning about 5ish!!!! hoped when we moved I'd be different!!!!!!!!!!!
Its too hot to stay in bed.. unless you have aircon in the bedroom!! I love getting up early over here.. doesn't bother me at all.. and going to bed is easy coz the TV is shit over here!!!

it's about the lifestyle - so I can go cycling early in the morning when it's not baking hot! go with the flow curly!!

Sonic xx
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:58 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Yup - 5am here to get to the gym for 6am. Back for 7am, brekky and then my day starts. As you, in bed before 10pm every night. Usually I make myself stay up to 9 out of principal lol.

Welcome to Queenslands lifestyle! Personally I like the mornings to be able to do stuff anyhow. Then chill out a little more in the arvo when the heat of summer hits hardest.

Oh well - off to uni today for me. Finish there at 9pm and wont be home till 10. I'm usually lucky to make it back still awake....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:52 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Normally between 4.30 and 6.00

Shite init !
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Hmm confused now - when myself and the girls was over in August none of us could raise our heads before midday - and one of them was only 8

2am and ping - we were all up watching french movies on SBS
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:22 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I get up at pretty much the same time as I did back in England ie as late as I can without making myself late for work, so currently 7.45am. The birds, sun, planes when the flight path is over us, neighbours' kids and neighbours' dogs all try hard to wake me up, but on the whole I can either sleep through them or get back to sleep.

Neither I nor my OH are morning people, prefering to be night owls so tend to go to bed about 11ish.

However, I find I can no longer sleep in at the weekends, and miss my long lie-ins till lunchtime! Get a lot more done though, I suppose
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
4.30 - 5am depending on what time the cockatoos start screaming! Today it was 5.15am! Off with boys surfing now, someone mentioned there was going to be a storm up this way this evening?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yup - 5am here to get to the gym for 6am. Back for 7am, brekky and then my day starts. As you, in bed before 10pm every night. Usually I make myself stay up to 9 out of principal lol.

Welcome to Queenslands lifestyle! Personally I like the mornings to be able to do stuff anyhow. Then chill out a little more in the arvo when the heat of summer hits hardest.
ditto with the time, always been a morning person but the birds are my alarm clock..NOW

got too much weight to train I'm sweating like a 'blue arsed fly'
so go swimming instead.....load bearing

and then I need a Richard Branson in the arvo..take the mutts for their constitutional before sunset and in bed for 11....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

5.30am when my 18 month year old wakes me up. I give him brekkie then he goes outside and plays. It is good to make the most of the early morning as at the moment it is too hot for him to play outside for most of the day. In the arvo we sometimes go for a swim.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: What time do you get up.........

I too am living the life of a pensioner!!!!

When we first moved into our home we were woken by an almighty sound at around 4 - 4:30am!!!!!!!!!!!! A huge flock of birds, Cockatoos I believe screaming over our house as part of their daily migration. I can remember sitting up in bed and saying to hubby, "You've got to be kidding me!" Well they weren't and 18 months in they do it every morning and at sunset every night.

Hence we go to bed early and get up early, it didn't take me long to figure that this was the best way to live in Queensland.

If your phone rings past about 8:30pm we know its a POM, all the Ozzies are in bed!!!!

Good luck to all with their sleep patterns - you do get used to it and if you have any sense you make the most of it.

T xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.