Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Apr 15th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Just back from 3 weeks in Scotland and pool is 22c, still OK for 30mins with the oldest yesterday and today, young one won't go near it though
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:46 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Pool pumps down to 2hrs a day now. Too cold to check thermo, will try again in November.
Old May 13th 2012, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Well looking back my first dip in was August 28th and I reckon today will be the last. Pool is 19c and even for a Scotsman that's taking it too far, when you jump in it is actually painful for a few minutes.

August 28th to May 13th, not a bad season for use of the pool.
Old May 14th 2012, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Pool pumps down to 2hrs a day now. Too cold to check thermo, will try again in November.
Yep!
Old May 14th 2012, 9:52 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever the temperature inside the cupboard in the garage is.

We are heading for a low of 2 degrees in the sticks overnight ...

Last edited by DeadVim; May 14th 2012 at 10:08 am.
Old May 16th 2012, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Whatever the temperature inside the cupboard in the garage is.

We are heading for a low of 2 degrees in the sticks overnight ...
Wrap up warm.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:36 am
Account Closed

Just did the Winter clean out of the pool and checked temp while there...

Currently 12C and as tempted as I was, I refrained.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That's funny. I was thinking this morning I should search for this thread.

Checked ours this morning as I was sucking out the flocclulant I put in last week and it was a balmy 13°. I wasn't tempted for even a fraction of a second.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

My mad OH and DS's have been on a monthly challenge to go in every month this year. Today saw the August challenge complete after our coldest night of the year so far! Overnight temp 3.9 degrees. Pool temp at midday was 13.5 degrees

They weren't in long
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That's funny. I was thinking this morning I should search for this thread.

Checked ours this morning as I was sucking out the flocclulant I put in last week and it was a balmy 13°. I wasn't tempted for even a fraction of a second.
Me too!

Just checked...16 Degrees. Put salt in and cleaned out the filters. I have a blue lower arm and hand now.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 6:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Me too!

Just checked...16 Degrees. Put salt in and cleaned out the filters. I have a blue lower arm and hand now.
Guess that's better than if you'd gotten in. Just think what would have been blue with cold then.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 8:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Safin
Today saw the August challenge complete after our coldest night of the year so far! Overnight temp 3.9 degrees. Pool temp at midday was 13.5 degrees

They weren't in long
I've got a pic of us lot in our first rental with a pool. We moved in on the 15th of Aug and all popped into the pool the next day, water temp 16C

Soon popped out tho and didn't return till end of Sept from memory.

13.5C ... EWWWWWWW!
Old Aug 4th 2012, 8:52 am
Account Closed

I wasn't tempted for even a fraction of a second.
Not even a little biddy fraction?

Old Aug 4th 2012, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Just checked...16 Degrees.
That's interesting as we 'normally' follow similar temps.

My garden tho doesn't see too much sunlight in Winter let alone the pool.

You gettin the sun on yours at the mo?
Old Aug 4th 2012, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Guess that's better than if you'd gotten in. Just think what would have been blue with cold then.
Yes! Indeed!

That's interesting as we 'normally' follow similar temps.

My garden tho doesn't see too much sunlight in Winter let alone the pool.

You gettin the sun on yours at the mo?
Yep quite a bit of sun. Had the pump on most of the day too, so probably mixed through quite a bit.

I'm not getting in though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.