Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what suburb south of sydney?

what suburb south of sydney?

Old Apr 13th 2016, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

ollieroyalspence is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what suburb south of sydney?

Hi i am currently looking to move my family out to australia, if i do i would be working in holsworthy does anyone have any suggestions for best suburb within 30mins from here thanks
Old Apr 13th 2016, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what suburb south of sydney?

Originally Posted by ollieroyalspence
Hi i am currently looking to move my family out to australia, if i do i would be working in holsworthy does anyone have any suggestions for best suburb within 30mins from here thanks
Somewhere between Sutherland and Cronulla is in reasonble reach of Holdsworthy and probably offers best value for money v lifestyle.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

ollieroyalspence is an unknown quantity at this point

Ideal! I've had a look around that area and does look good obviously the closer to the beach the more costly! what would you say of campelltown areas such as st andrews and raby?
Old Apr 14th 2016, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Ideal! I've had a look around that area and does look good obviously the closer to the beach the more costly! what would you say of campelltown areas such as st andrews and raby?
If you like a good drug deal, the odd random shooting, and desert like temps in the summer, go nuts, but if its your first living experience in Australia, its guaranteed to end pretty quickly.

You pay for what you get.
Old Apr 14th 2016, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say if the army lets you take your gun home, go for it, if not then look elsewhere.

You'd be going against the traffic (somewhat) from the Shire but have you thought about places like Thirroul or Woonona? (I would avoid Bellambi).

Nice coastline and good amenities towards Fairy Meadow etc but would depend very much on what type of things you like to do and how old your kids are.
Old May 10th 2016, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Wolseley is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are looking at that area, I would suggest Camden rather than the suburbs you mention (I don't mind visiting Campbelltown during the day but I would steer clear of St Andrews and Raby).

Camden is a rather nice place and has a sort of country feel to it but has a decent selection of shops and other facilities. Probably about 45 minutes from Holsworthy.
Old May 10th 2016, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Defo Sutherland Shire.... Sutherland, Loftus, Gymea, Miranda, Cronulla. Easy drive through to Holsworthy against the traffic.
Old May 11th 2016, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Wolseley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Defo Sutherland Shire.... Sutherland, Loftus, Gymea, Miranda, Cronulla. Easy drive through to Holsworthy against the traffic.
I agree. My comment about Camden was only meant as a better alternative to Campbelltown, St Andrews and Raby.