Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At what stage do you put your house on the market?

Wikiposts

At what stage do you put your house on the market?

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:02 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

should be with them anytime now , unless there's any prob's. Ours took longer because of heart merma.

all the best plum
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:04 am
Go Banana's !!

Put it on the market now and be prepared

Changing agents as we speak

Jill

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Wolves2stayup! will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by plumber
should be with them anytime now , unless there's any prob's. Ours took longer because of heart merma.

all the best plum
Cheers Plum
That's what I've said to case officer so hopefully should hear something positive in next few days. You've also answered another question actually about extending 49 days on bond, is that so, you can ask for an extension?

Sam
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Get your house on the market at least 6 months before you expect to go. We wanted to be on our way by last month so we put our house on the market back in January and havent got anywhere near selling it. Now we are kicking our heels waiting.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:13 am
Next stop Gold coast

Yes you can , check out the archives , sure this subject as been brought up in the past.

plum
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:33 am
Steph and Ant

ant2503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: At what stage do you put your house on the market?

Originally posted by lucyb
For those of you who have gone or are just about to...when did you put your house on the market? Once they ask for medicals and police checks, etc, as long as you have no record, you're as good as in, arent you? We are panicing as we have to sell our house to raise the bond...what should we do?
Lucy

Hi, we sent our application off in april, we could see that houses in our area had slowed down in sales, so we thought we would put our house on market for the most possible. We only went and had an offer made for the asking price within 2 weeks eeek!!
But luckily we are able to move in with family till visa hopefully comes back succesful. But at least we will not have to rush in selling house for a quick sale. So we will now be able to bank a lot of money whilst waiting as we will have no bills going out either, only storage for furniture.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:12 am
Next stop Gold coast

We sold house 6 times , but it was only the last couple that were willing to go as far as exchange !

Maybe your one of the lucky ones !

all the best plum

ps still say put house on ASAP ( sure plenty with me on this one ):lecture:
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:47 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Even though we havent applied for Visa yet? We are going through a migration agent who only take u on if u have a good chance but we are still waiting for skills assesment!
:scared:
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

For those of you who have gone or are just about to...when did you put your house on the market? Once they ask for medicals and police checks, etc, as long as you have no record, you're as good as in, arent you? We are panicing as we have to sell our house to raise the bond...what should we do?
Lucy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Lucy , we sold our house in April and lodged permanent visa application in May. ( we sold to a guy who was buying to rent and negotiated our stay in our house until we go , so renting back our house ). What's the worst that can happen ? I persume you're moving to Oz 'cause you ready for a change ? Would you have moved soon regardless ?
So ,sell your house now , rent until a descion , Pay your debts , start saving and if it all fails then you're probably in a better position than ever to start all over again !! It's working for us but I suppose it's a personal thing.
Good luck whatever , although I am sure you will soon be posting us all from Oz , Regards Tass.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Lucy

Hi

We put our house up for sale in Sept 03 and had little interest until Jan 04 (when we originally decided to go). Accepted an offer in March and we exchange later this week.

We are now moving out to Perth in Jan 05, and are fortunate in that our buyers are happy to rent the property back to us until then - Result!!!

My advice - get the house on the market!

Dave
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:47 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all advice...we are getting our house valued tomorrow and then we'll see! Just out of curiosity and sorry to be dead nosy...how much money did you all take with you when you left the UK? Im worried we wont have enough...about £80-85K once debts cleared.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:13 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jayne+doug
Hi

My visa application was lodged on 21 April 2004 and I'm thinking of putting my house on the market next month sometime. I know it's a bit of a gamble as I haven't even had med req. but I'm a nurse so hope to get request Aug/Sept. I am quiet happy to sell my house and move to rented accomodation until I'm ready to go. I think it will make the stress of moving slightly easier also. I'm also concerened that the housing market is going to crash within the next 6 months and as I need all the equity I can get I'm willing to take the gamble. If I don't get my visa? Well I'll just have to look for another house.

Jayne
Jayne, if you are a nurse then it's worth getting the meds and police checks done and sending them off anyway.
I frontloaded my application which was lodged on april 8th. It takes a few weeks (waiting for them to request meds and then waiting for your appointment) off the timeline for you.
Have you had your acknowledgment yet?

Vicky (also a nurse)
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Thanks for all advice...we are getting our house valued tomorrow and then we'll see! Just out of curiosity and sorry to be dead nosy...how much money did you all take with you when you left the UK? Im worried we wont have enough...about £80-85K once debts cleared.

We are only taking less than half of that - although we have spent £35K on a deposit on a house we have already purchased.

So i guess all in all - about £70K
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:47 am
Just Joined

suffolkdino is on a distinguished road

Lucy
Hi Lucy

We're having agents round at the moment valuing our house. Our application is only bieng lodged this week. We almost certainly will sell asp and move into rented accomodation. We figure we'll be better off this way and if things go wrong then we'll look to buy again ( oh what an ideal world) I know its a risk doing this but then the whole venture's a risk to some degree. What we dont want is waiting on the sale of the house when we could be on a beach in Perth (ideal world again)

Incidentally does anybody know the pros and cons of selling your house without using an est agent??
Paul.