Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At what stage do you know we are in!!

At what stage do you know we are in!!

Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:38 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default At what stage do you know we are in!!

Can anyone tell me at what stage they knew that it was just a matter of time before their visa was issued, is there a stage when you know that you are in. Our 15 yr old daughter is sitting her GCSE's in May/June 06, we want to go to Perth soon after that(with our 136 MODL visa) just wanted someone to let us know when they pretty much knew that its a yes,I recon 5 months (ish) to lodging the app, so if we start it soon we may be too early. Don't you get just 6 months to validate it??
Anyone out there with a crysal ball!!!?? (when did you all put your houses on the market??)
Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:47 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At what stage do you know we are in!!

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Can anyone tell me at what stage they knew that it was just a matter of time before their visa was issued, is there a stage when you know that you are in. Our 15 yr old daughter is sitting her GCSE's in May/June 06, we want to go to Perth soon after that(with our 136 MODL visa) just wanted someone to let us know when they pretty much knew that its a yes,I recon 5 months (ish) to lodging the app, so if we start it soon we may be too early. Don't you get just 6 months to validate it??
Anyone out there with a crysal ball!!!?? (when did you all put your houses on the market??)
you`ve done tra and your on modl so it`s a pretty safe bet now bar the meds so stick house on the market and if it sells quick go into a rental we did!
p.s you get 12 months from date of your meds
Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:48 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Really only when you get the visa is your answer!

Seriously though, if you meet the criteria abd have a straight forward application, then there should not be any problems.

We had quite a difficult case, stepchildren, me working in different jobs since my skills was assessed to name a few and we got our visas in July of this year.

Our validation date is June 14th 2006 and that was 12 months from when our medicals and police checks were dated-14th June 2005

My advice with selling your house is put it on the market now as the market is really slow at the moment. At the end of the day, you dont have to exchange contracts till you have the visas in your hand.

Rob

Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:52 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

As previously stated, you dont know until you do know lol. Which is when you get the magic email or letter from Mr A Ustralia

Its hard, but I think VISAS should be granted for ppl with kids, to coincide with exams and holidays, as we have 3 kids
Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice

We were told by the agent: that if they ask for the Meds, then (bar any medical probs or police check) you've met all the criteria.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:53 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

"If" we move over to Oz before next March, April, May time 2006, we will send our eldest son back to the UK to finish his GCSE exams and course work. He will fly out with us to validate his visa then return and stay with the mother in law :scared: for a few months. Bless him

Rob

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
As previously stated, you dont know until you do know lol. Which is when you get the magic email or letter from Mr A Ustralia

Its hard, but I think VISAS should be granted for ppl with kids, to coincide with exams and holidays, as we have 3 kids
Old Sep 25th 2005, 11:45 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Thats quite true although if you are comfortable with the visa application in general, then you should be ok as there are no dark areas with the DIMIA

Originally Posted by avroncotton
We were told by the agent: that if they ask for the Meds, then (bar any medical probs or police check) you've met all the criteria.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

can I just ask - and I'm sorry if it's been asked a 1000 times before, but what does the medical involve - is a full medical; blood tests or a routine sort of medical
Old Sep 25th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DebraH
can I just ask - and I'm sorry if it's been asked a 1000 times before, but what does the medical involve - is a full medical; blood tests or a routine sort of medical
It's a routine sort of full medical with blood tests!!
Old Sep 25th 2005, 4:07 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone, I still need to get my current job assesed, I don't do my MODL job any longer, so I need to prove my current skills all over again, so I wondered at what point do people pretty much know that they are in the clear. I kind of have a clearer picture now, I'm sure our agent wouldn't go this far if I didnt stand a chance??????????

Originally Posted by Steve G
Old Sep 25th 2005, 4:22 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Boy do we hope this is true or what...!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2005, 4:25 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

:scared: Don't go there!!

Thanks to everyone, I still need to get my current job assesed, I don't do my MODL job any longer, so I need to prove my current skills all over again, so I wondered at what point do people pretty much know that they are in the clear. I kind of have a clearer picture now, I'm sure our agent wouldn't go this far if I didnt stand a chance??????????
Old Sep 25th 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve G

thanks for that info (I did laugh) and yes I'm really confused now