View Poll Results: When did you put house on market?
Before visa granted
60.38%
After visa granted
39.62%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

At what stage?

Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:31 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default At what stage?

Am in a bit of a dilemma at the moment, in that I have applied for my visa and don't know what to do about putting my house on the market...

Was wondering out of everyone going through the the visa application process, what did you do when it came to putting your house up for sale?

Did you do it before your visa was granted, or after?

Also has anyone got any nightmare stories, of selling before visa granted, or taking ages to sell even after visa grant?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Dec 5th 2005 at 3:34 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: At what stage?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Am in a bit of a dilemma at the moment, in that I have applied for my visa and don't know what to do about putting my house on the market...

Was wondering out of everyone going through the the visa application process, what did you do when it came to putting your house up for sale?

Also has anyone got any nightmare stories, of selling before visa granted, or taking ages to sell even after visa grant?

we put ours on the market in july whilst awaiting TRA result!!!! we still havent had an offer - dont suppose that was what you wanted to hear really though

fekkin housing market
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:39 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Do it asap. I wish we had as we are now waiting to sell our house. Got visa July and house went on the market, had to validate in Sept......still waiting now
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:50 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

We were going to wait until after the visa was granted but due to the housing market being so slow we decided to put it up for sale now.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a totally personal choice and I suppose it all depends on how quickly you want to move once you've got the visa.

You've got to ask yourself the question "What if I've sold my house and don't get the visa?" or "What happens if I fall ill and have sold my house?"

Yes you can always buy another house - but it's bloody expensive. You'll have had to pay for Estate Agent and solicitor fees to sell. If you have to buy again then you've got Stamp Duty and Solicitors fees to pay.

Alternatively you could just say "What the hell" and sell anyway?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:31 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

B4 for me as i would have sold it anyway , its just exchanging this week to only 4 1/2 weeks b4 i go
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:17 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

We put it on once visa application went in, but we decided even if our visa wasn't granted we would move anyway.
Good luck
Carole
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:49 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
We put it on once visa application went in, but we decided even if our visa wasn't granted we would move anyway.
Good luck
Carole
We don't really want to move until we go to Australia. It's difficult to decide on what to do for the best when so much depends on it all :scared:
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:00 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya got the visas in August, house been on market since May its pants

How are houses selling around your area?? its pretty dead here although 2 have sold on our street in last couple of weeks

Also depends on your property, we have a large workshop attached to the house so viewers are limited even less.

Possoms
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:16 pm

Anybody else?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:38 pm

Really don't know what to do for the best, as the results seem very close

Maybe if a few more people vote for what they have done, it may present a clearer picture
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

We waited. Got our visa's last Wed and house getting valued on Friday. Although houses tend to sell rather quick were we live, and we also got a lot of interest from friends / acquaintances when they heard we were emigrating. We have a buyer who is a work mate of my hubby's, who is willing to buy the house and move in the day after we fly, no matter how long that is after he's actually paid for it. So our situation is unique anyway. That is providing he doesn't let us down - you know what they say - If it's too good to be true it probably is!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Really don't know what to do for the best, as the results seem very close

Maybe if a few more people vote for what they have done, it may present a clearer picture
hi we put ours on the market when we started thinking about oz.the way we saw it was either way the house was too small for us.it took a year to sell.we have now been renting for 8 months now and it is great.this means that when we have our visa we can stay in house right up to the last minute as there will be no contracts to exchange.in the meantime our money has been put away so that we dont dip into it.good luck.x irishbloo
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

put ours on the market before... not expecting visa till april ish told estate agents our position (only gonna sell if we get the visa) they seem happy with that. Had about 6 viewings had 3 offers (2 at full price which we have accepted and one 5 grand below declined)

Fingers crossed by the time a chain is complete we will have vsa and be ready to move - gonna go into rented accomodation and be relieved we have the cash in our pockets when the time is right to go

Lisa.x
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
put ours on the market before... not expecting visa till april ish told estate agents our position (only gonna sell if we get the visa) they seem happy with that. Had about 6 viewings had 3 offers (2 at full price which we have accepted and one 5 grand below declined)

Fingers crossed by the time a chain is complete we will have vsa and be ready to move - gonna go into rented accomodation and be relieved we have the cash in our pockets when the time is right to go

Lisa.x
That's really useful to know, as my main worry was selling before we had the visa.

We are at the same stage as you, and are expecting our visa April/May time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.