Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What spider is this? Warning Link to picture

What spider is this? Warning Link to picture

Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all
Default Re: What spider is this? Warning Link to picture

Hi

have you noticed how even the spiders can't be bothered to make decent looking uniform webs in Oz?

No worries, it's all good mate!

gd
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi

have you noticed how even the spiders can't be bothered to make decent looking uniform webs in Oz?

No worries, it's all good mate!

gd
Thank you to everyone who posted.

I'm pretty sure it's not a St. Andrews Cross spider as the web was wrong and the spider was much too big. It had a big white spot on it back end i was wondering if it could have been a white tail?!

Anyhow as MrsDagboy said:

just leave it in the garden to catch its insects & keep them out of your house (or rather, your neighbours since it was in their yard ) .
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cat_Harrison
Hi

I was wondering if someone could tell me what kinda spider this is?

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=1

It was found in Forest Lake, Brisbane on the right side of the fence (that being the side that wasn't our garden).

Thanks

Cat xXx
Hi there its a golden orb i am 90% they are harmless
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

crowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura about

No certainly not a white tail sometimes called a union jack not only cos of the web in the picture but the white tail is a hunter not a trapper also it is squat with stubby legs and furey, it is in fact a Garden orb-weaving spider Europhora biapicata its a nice spider to watch making its web its bite is not harmful little pain for a short time. other orbs can get a hell of a lot bigger. Think thats big and scarey try the mouse spider (Nasty little bleeder) or a fully grown wolf spider at the wrong time of year.

Last edited by crowley; Jul 27th 2005 at 6:22 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:22 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crowley
No certainly not a white spot sometimes called a union jack (squat with stubby legs) it is in fact a Garden orb-weaving spider Europhora biapicata its a nice spider to watch making its web its bite is not harmful little pain for a short time. other orbs can get a hell of a lot bigger. Think thats big and scarey try the mouse spider (Nasty little bleeder) or a fully grown wolf spider at the wrong time of year.
Not sure if I really want to know the answer.... but what's the wrong time of year and why?!!! :scared:
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

crowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The A Team
Not sure if I really want to know the answer.... but what's the wrong time of year and why?!!! :scared:

Well spiders are just like women :~)) mess with them at when hungry tired or with kids (wolf spider) will attack. Most spiders tend to get a little grumpy when the food dries up and start producing excess venom (not sure if it’s before or after summer) and can be a little scary. Believe it or not the most poisonous ones are generally the nicest, red backs for example very cute delicate elegant and so timid shared an office with one for a while. On the other hand the trap door spiders are very aggressive all the time but you can have lots of fun teasing them.
Obviously I use the term always agressive to mean any time you mess with them.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

John has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crowley
Well spiders are just like women :~)) mess with them at when hungry tired or with kids (wolf spider) will attack. Most spiders tend to get a little grumpy when the food dries up and start producing excess venom (not sure if it’s before or after summer) and can be a little scary. Believe it or not the most poisonous ones are generally the nicest, red backs for example very cute delicate elegant and so timid shared an office with one for a while. On the other hand the trap door spiders are very aggressive all the time but you can have lots of fun teasing them.
Obviously I use the term always agressive to mean any time you mess with them.
There are nice spiders? *gulp* I think I'll steer clear of them all the same. I don't bother them if they don't bother me Still you could invite this chappie round to tea
Attached Thumbnails What spider is this? Warning Link to picture-goliath-plate.gif  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

My partner has just decided that we are off to Europe instead!!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:13 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewb
My partner has just decided that we are off to Europe instead!!!
Wuss..!!

D D

PS actually what am I saying, I;m in therapy over all this....
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

Just read your reply and she said I DONT CARE!!!! You can call me a WUSS!!!! :scared: I DON'T DO SPIDERS!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:19 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Just read your reply and she said I DONT CARE!!!! You can call me a WUSS!!!! :scared: I DON'T DO SPIDERS!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Neither do I........I'm in deep do-dos when we move over next year...!!!

Cor, respect to ya missus though!!!

D D
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:19 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

ditto!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Now sitting next to me with a smug grin on her face!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:26 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Now sitting next to me with a smug grin on her face!!!!
We're heading for Melbourne too, will she be my neighbour????

D D
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Absolutely!!! You can both scream at the same time!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.