Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what sort of weather to expect?

what sort of weather to expect?

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default what sort of weather to expect?

We are of to Melbourne on the 14th August for 3 weeks to validate, what sort of weather can we expect to get over there, shall we take heavy clothes in case it is a bit cool or not? Andy
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:43 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: what sort of weather to expect?

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
We are of to Melbourne on the 14th August for 3 weeks to validate, what sort of weather can we expect to get over there, shall we take heavy clothes in case it is a bit cool or not? Andy
Can't really offer any sensible advice - we're off to Melbourne for 3 days on the 6th August (YES, I KNOW - 3 days!!!???).... I've put in a request for dry and some sunshine but ABC Weather forecast is 12 degrees and showers We're taking a fleece and shower proof jacket each... and will probably freeze!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default Re: what sort of weather to expect?

Originally Posted by floss
Can't really offer any sensible advice - we're off to Melbourne for 3 days on the 6th August (YES, I KNOW - 3 days!!!???).... I've put in a request for dry and some sunshine but ABC Weather forecast is 12 degrees and showers We're taking a fleece and shower proof jacket each... and will probably freeze!
hope you have a good time. Andy
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:32 pm
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by flapsterhp

Hi

I was there this time last year, would say warm coat, thick socks, long trousers, umbrella are necessary . You'll get some nice days but expect rain and it gets cold once the sun goes down!

Hope you enjoy it!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bradley7
Hi

I was there this time last year, would say warm coat, thick socks, long trousers, umbrella are necessary . You'll get some nice days but expect rain and it gets cold once the sun goes down!

Hope you enjoy it!
cheers. Andy
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:07 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

When we were there last August it was 55F/13C (according to my diary I kept of my travels). Mixture of sun and showers but definitely take some warmish clothing and a brolly.

Have fun!

Julie
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
When we were there last August it was 55F/13C (according to my diary I kept of my travels). Mixture of sun and showers but definitely take some warmish clothing and a brolly.

Have fun!

Julie
getting all excited, dreading the flight though. Andy
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:20 pm
aussie73

That time of year in Melbourne the weather will be around between 16 c degrees to 25c degrees.

Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:38 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
That time of year in Melbourne the weather will be around between 16 c degrees to 25c degrees.
Hate to argue, but no way, not in August!! (this is Hevs, not HUP, can you tell)

The day time avarage at the mo is slightly high, around 16 Nights can drop down a fair ways though, average is around 7 but can go to 4 or even freezing depending how high into the hills you go.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:22 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Are you staying in a hotel?

You see, the thing i find in aus, it that even down here in Mount G, in the depths of winter, the temperature is still very livable, normally about 14-15 during the day in mid-winter. HOWEVER!!! At night when its 4, and without decent heating/insulation is when i really feel it.

Bring light fleeces and raincoats for the day (it may well be showery), and thermals and hot water bottles for the night!!
Old Jul 24th 2005, 3:24 am
aussie73

Originally Posted by HUP
Hate to argue, but no way, not in August!! (this is Hevs, not HUP, can you tell)

The day time avarage at the mo is slightly high, around 16 Nights can drop down a fair ways though, average is around 7 but can go to 4 or even freezing depending how high into the hills you go.
Yes your right , but what l meant to say was max. temperatures anywhere between 16 degrees max. and 25 degrees max., l should have also included the min. temperatures as well which can get down to 4 degrees.

Last edited by aussie73; Jul 24th 2005 at 4:57 am.

Old Jul 24th 2005, 3:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a very quick guide

http://www.melbourne.com.au/climate.htm
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:45 am
Badge

Originally Posted by HUP

On a particularly cold night with c3-7 degrees it may be c10 when you leave the house - increased double figures will take longer as the day warms up. Just take a warm fleece/jumper(s) or 2 and use the layer principle as required. I've never needed a 'winter' coat here, or thick socks or gloves. (the footy will be different).

Badge

Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:46 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Badge
On a particularly cold night with c3-7 degrees it may be c10 when you leave the house - increased double figures will take longer as the day warms up. Just take a warm fleece/jumper or 2 and use the layer principle. I've never needed a 'winter' coat here, or thick socks or gloves.

Badge
I really enjoy winter weather here. I've not needed a coat either. In fact.....i wear more clothes indoors than i do out!! On a sunny day, i often take my work and sit outside just to warm up.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:14 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

blimey......a real blast from the past - how ya doin pete????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.