Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What sort of A***hole...

What sort of A***hole...

Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What sort of A***hole...

I have to get this off my chest.

Some ba***ard last night in our "nice pleasant middle class town" decided to mow down a very quiet shy lady walking home from work. Did he/she stop? Did he/she F***! Lady died one hour later in hospital a few minutes before husband and 14 year old daughter could get to her.

What the hell is going on. I am soooooo angry. And if they find the scumbag, what will they get - sweet fa. Words fail me. I don't know family well enough to go round - nodding terms, they don't need anything from me but I feel useless which is normal I know but ahhhhhhhhhhh
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What sort of A***hole...

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That's pretty rough, sorry to hear about it
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Some ba***ard last night in our "nice pleasant middle class town" decided to mow down a very quiet shy lady walking home from work. Did he/she stop? Did he/she F***! Lady died one hour later in hospital a few minutes before husband and 14 year old daughter could get to her.
That's awful. Driver was probably pissed up.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
That's awful. Driver was probably pissed up.
Yup, tho it's a crap excuse....
make bars more responible i say, as was said in one of the other threads
Old Sep 11th 2004, 12:08 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yup, tho it's a crap excuse....
make bars more responible i say, as was said in one of the other threads
It's nigh on impossible to make bars responsible for drink-drivers though. I mean, it's perfectly legit to see someone have (say) 5 or 6 pints in a bar and not be 'drunk and disorderly' or whatever but of course they can't drive on that. I don't really think it would be feasible for a landlord / barperson to keep an eye out for drink-drivers
Old Sep 11th 2004, 12:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by wmoore
It's nigh on impossible to make bars responsible for drink-drivers though. I mean, it's perfectly legit to see someone have (say) 5 or 6 pints in a bar and not be 'drunk and disorderly' or whatever but of course they can't drive on that. I don't really think it would be feasible for a landlord / barperson to keep an eye out for drink-drivers
I guess all the time, but when it's closing....more than feasable...someone that's stumbling around like a tit that gets in a car, the bar should have some responsibility about that...
Old Sep 11th 2004, 2:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
I guess all the time, but when it's closing....more than feasable...someone that's stumbling around like a tit that gets in a car, the bar should have some responsibility about that...
Here the state government ordered an inquiry into sentencing of drink drivers. They found that magistrates were too willing to not punish the middle and upper classes as they had a standing in the community.

Not sure if anything will come of the new sentencing guidelines.

The wife's driving instructor had his car crunched last night and the driver legged it. The instructor is now left without income for several days.

Also saw this today

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...55E421,00.html
Old Sep 11th 2004, 2:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by bondipom
Here the state government ordered an inquiry into sentencing of drink drivers. They found that magistrates were too willing to not punish the middle and upper classes as they had a standing in the community.

Not sure if anything will come of the new sentencing guidelines.

The wife's driving instructor had his car crunched last night and the driver legged it. The instructor is now left without income for several days.
That's too bad....

Though I don't think there's anything wrong with a drink and drive, but drunk driving, or having a few drinks is dangerous, and often not very heavy sentences for killing someone really...terrible tragedy to kill someone in an accident, but to do it drunk....
Old Sep 11th 2004, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Bob
That's too bad....

Though I don't think there's anything wrong with a drink and drive, but drunk driving, or having a few drinks is dangerous, and often not very heavy sentences for killing someone really...terrible tragedy to kill someone in an accident, but to do it drunk....
The sentencing I was talking about was 1 year bans. Fair enough for some arrogant idiot who thinks alchohol doesn't impair his driving. Sending them to retake their test and reimposing the 3 year P plate requirement would be good. In NSW the blood alcohol limit limit for P platers is 0. Sentencing for death by dangerous/drink driving is something else.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 4:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

The sentencing I was talking about was 1 year bans. Fair enough for some arrogant idiot who thinks alchohol doesn't impair his driving. Sending them to retake their test and reimposing the 3 year P plate requirement would be good. In NSW the blood alcohol limit limit for P platers is 0. Sentencing for death by dangerous/drink driving is something else.
3 yrs on a permit sounds good after a ban, but they aint' easy to enforce, people tend to drive a lot when disqualified....
glad that death by dangerous/drink driving gets heavy sentence though
Old Sep 11th 2004, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Bob
3 yrs on a permit sounds good after a ban, but they aint' easy to enforce, people tend to drive a lot when disqualified....
glad that death by dangerous/drink driving gets heavy sentence though
Very true there is a hard core of persistent drink drive offenders that seem to dismiss any form of punishment. Community service sentences such as making them become hospital cleaners in A&E would be an idea.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 4:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Very true there is a hard core of persistent drink drive offenders that seem to dismiss any form of punishment. Community service sentences such as making them become hospital cleaners in A&E would be an idea.
yeah, but if there repeat offenders, they need to be doing time, only matter of time before someone gets killed
Old Sep 11th 2004, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

I don't know family well enough to go round - nodding terms, they don't need anything from me but I feel useless which is normal I know but ahhhhhhhhhhh
Hi there moneypen

What a terrible tragedy and one we hear of far too often.

Just to add something about the family. Yesterday morning, in the driving rain, I was at a "celebration" of life service for a friend of only 42 years old. I quoted celebration as I found it very difficult to celebrate the life of someone who was taken so early in her life leaving two children one of only 6. My reason for telling you this was something the minister said, he said that the family had received hundreds of cards (she was a very popular lady) and some from complete strangers, people they had never met and will probably never know and it had brought them so much comfort, particularly the children. Just a few words on a card or a note will help them and will also make you feel you have done something to show you care even if they don't know who it's from.

Lindsey
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsey

Good idea, will pop one round later.

The trouble with half these jerks who do things like this is that they don't even have licences or tax etc so they get a ban for a year! How does that work. If they are not allowed to drive anyway, what's the point of banning them.

You get a bigger fine for not having a tv licence than you do for reckless driving. Nice to see Big Brother has his priorities right.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 9:49 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

What the hell is going on. I am soooooo angry. And if they find the scumbag, what will they get - sweet fa. Words fail me. I don't know family well enough to go round - nodding terms, they don't need anything from me but I feel useless which is normal I know but ahhhhhhhhhhh

The driver will probably get a smack on the wrist and a free holiday as part of his rehabilitation! ( and guess who is paying for it!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.