Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is this song??

What is this song??

Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is this song??

There is a song which includes the words 'She's a rain cloud and she washes over me'. Does anyone know the name of the tune (probably 'She's a rain cloud and she washes over me' ) and who sings it? I think it must be an Aussie group because it was playing in the background on a program on a tape my folks sent me. Thanks in advance!

OzTennis
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:46 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is this song??

The song is called (interestingly enough) "Raincloud" and it's by a guy called Charlton Hill.

Feel better now??

Siren
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:47 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

No idea, but you could try this website:

http://www.lacarte.org/songs/rain/

Apparently:

'This is not an attempt to catalog every possible song that merely happens to make a passing reference to rain, as so many do apparently because it's the first thing the authors think of to rhyme with 'pain.' There are, in fact, according to The Muze (muze.com), over 5,000 albums containing at least one song with the word 'rain' in their title, just since 1960. The Virtual Flood, by contrast, hopes only to cover those songs which are likely to be known by wide audiences, and are significantly involved with rain, whether the word is in their title or not.'

GG

Originally Posted by OzTennis
There is a song which includes the words 'She's a rain cloud and she washes over me'. Does anyone know the name of the tune (probably 'She's a rain cloud and she washes over me' ) and who sings it? I think it must be an Aussie group because it was playing in the background on a program on a tape my folks sent me. Thanks in advance!

OzTennis
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
The song is called (interestingly enough) "Raincloud" and it's by a guy called Charlton Hill.

Feel better now??

Siren
Thanks for that, it seems like quite a good song from the one line I've heard repetitively! I'll rip it off from somewhere and see.

OzTennis
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:12 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OzTennis

OzTennis

Excursions to the heart don't come free
but in her face I saw pure honesty.
A faded vision frozen in my mind
of melting memories and tears in her eyes.

but she's a raincloud and she's washing over me
makes it hard to see the light.
She's a raincloud, it can't be good for me,
so why does she make me come alive?

I hear her whisper in every single breeze
'please be with me for a thousand dreams'.
A ray of hope that guides me through the storm
so I'll be here until the break of dawn.

when she's moving on and its become another shade of gray
what's left behind I'll never find I'm ever gonna feel the same

Just so ya can sing in the shower...... and we certain havin 1 in Briz at the mo!

boomie
xx
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boomie
Excursions to the heart don't come free
but in her face I saw pure honesty.
A faded vision frozen in my mind
of melting memories and tears in her eyes.

but she's a raincloud and she's washing over me
makes it hard to see the light.
She's a raincloud, it can't be good for me,
so why does she make me come alive?

I hear her whisper in every single breeze
'please be with me for a thousand dreams'.
A ray of hope that guides me through the storm
so I'll be here until the break of dawn.

when she's moving on and its become another shade of gray
what's left behind I'll never find I'm ever gonna feel the same

Just so ya can sing in the shower...... and we certain havin 1 in Briz at the mo!

boomie
xx
Thanks for that, and now confession time. The song was playing in the coffee shop in Neighbours.

One thing I do remember about Queensland is that you go there in the middle of the year during the 'less wet' season.

OzTennis