Reload this Page >

What should we do???

What should we do???

Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough
Default What should we do???

Hi

I was supposed to be starting the TRA process by about now, but because of the new rules my OH occupation (Chef) needs qualifications, which he doesnt have, plenty of experiance and accalaides though but nothing on paper.

I on the other hand have NVQ 3 equivellent in childcare and am doing a degree which I should pass July 2009 (this is the date we are planning to go) So should I apply as a child care co-ordinator now? although my application wouldn't be as strong as my OH's if he had qualifications or should we wait to see if they resolve the non qualicications rule??

I want to start doing something now, but not if its going to hurt us in the long run.

Thanks guys
Julia
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:47 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What should we do???

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
Hi

I was supposed to be starting the TRA process by about now, but because of the new rules my OH occupation (Chef) needs qualifications, which he doesnt have, plenty of experiance and accalaides though but nothing on paper.

I on the other hand have NVQ 3 equivellent in childcare and am doing a degree which I should pass July 2009 (this is the date we are planning to go) So should I apply as a child care co-ordinator now? although my application wouldn't be as strong as my OH's if he had qualifications or should we wait to see if they resolve the non qualicications rule??

I want to start doing something now, but not if its going to hurt us in the long run.

Thanks guys
Julia

Whats the stance on Occupations in Demand these days.. cos from recollection CHEF's have always been up there...
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Whats the stance on Occupations in Demand these days.. cos from recollection CHEF's have always been up there...

The TRA have closed the pathway which allows you to migrate if you only have the experience and not any formal qualifications/apprentiship.

This means that a lot of people can't apply now as they don't have the piece of paper saying they can do their job (in simple terms)
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:56 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
The TRA have closed the pathway which allows you to migrate if you only have the experience and not any formal qualifications/apprentiship.

This means that a lot of people can't apply now as they don't have the piece of paper saying they can do their job (in simple terms)
shite.. i knew theyd buggered ppl around, didnt know that was one of the things they had done...
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
Hi

Thanks guys
Julia
Are you actually a child care co-ordinator or are you a child care worker? Coordinator is senior management at a child care centre and is difficult to pass TRA with.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

For a child care co ordinator you need minimum of two years teritary qualifications and three years experience as a manager of a child care establishment, of a considerable size supervising staff, children etc.
If you look on immigration website it will give you a definition of a child care co ordinator .
Hope this helps.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

I passed my TRA for a CCC without an agent so if you think you've got the experience pm me and i'll give you some info

S