Reload this Page >

What should I take?

Wikiposts

What should I take?

Old Mar 28th 2005, 4:36 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What should I take?

Originally Posted by Bordy
In Toorak Estate agents, the photos of the houses for sale are all framed with oak frames, thats how elite it is.
Yet again I am suffering from Cava budge with Champagne taste!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vanessa
No idea at the moment. We had thought about Brighton/Toorak or along that coast. We believe that these areas are within community distance of Melbourne. However, we are not going to look until we arrive - the company are putting us up in a hotel for the first few months so we have a bit of time to look (hopefully!) What about you?

We are going to start looking in the eastern suburbs first as it is close to work. We will give it a few months renting and hopefully by then we will have located an area where we would like to buy/ build if possible.

All very exciting!!!

Just patiently waiting for the visa now!!

Roni
Old Mar 28th 2005, 4:49 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aus4us
We are going to start looking in the eastern suburbs first as it is close to work. We will give it a few months renting and hopefully by then we will have located an area where we would like to buy/ build if possible.

All very exciting!!!

Just patiently waiting for the visa now!!

Roni
I am going through a whole mixture of emotions at the moment. I suppose this is normal in the circumstances. However, the primary emotion is excitement. As they say "a change is as good as a rest" What is your position? Do you have children etc?
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I am going through a whole mixture of emotions at the moment. I suppose this is normal in the circumstances. However, the primary emotion is excitement. As they say "a change is as good as a rest" What is your position? Do you have children etc?

One thing we have found, which seems common on here is the amount of different feelings on a day to day basis - rollercoaster ride!!!

We are hopeing to get a buyer for our house which has gone up for sale.

It is only Me and hubby, no children. I will be nursing in Melbourne when we get there!!

Roni
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:19 am
JJ

JJ will become famous soon enoughJJ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We bought our TV's with us. they dont pick up normal telly, but they are fine to watch videos on. My 2 boys alos have their old portables set up in their rooms so they can play their playstaions/X- boxes.
It works out really expensive to replace it all. You estimate how much your stuff is worth including all the kitchen ware. then allow more as the houses here are a lot bigger.
When you say they can't pickup 'normal telly' does that mean they will pickup satellite? and if so how good is the satellite channels? I've heard the teresteral ones can be pretty poor most of the time, Don't want to sound like a telly addict but its not going to be nice enough for alfresco every night!!!