Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what should I pay?

what should I pay?

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:21 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default what should I pay?

Hi, I hope someone can help me!
I am living in perth and hope to return to work shortly. I am a RN and will be working nights . My husband will be working away at times and so I will need someone (maybe a student or retired person) to look after my 2 children (8 and 5) during the night in our home. Has anyone any idea of what would be a suitable amount to pay someone to do this?

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Default Re: what should I pay?

Originally Posted by tracey brien
Hi, I hope someone can help me!
I am living in perth and hope to return to work shortly. I am a RN and will be working nights . My husband will be working away at times and so I will need someone (maybe a student or retired person) to look after my 2 children (8 and 5) during the night in our home. Has anyone any idea of what would be a suitable amount to pay someone to do this?

Tracey
I found this a while back which mentions typical babysitting rates
http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/c...ights/pay.html

but your situation is pretty unique because you need someone to stay overnight and I don't think you would have to pay a full hourly rate for that.

I'm thinking it would depend how much of the evening/morning they spend with the children - are they making dinner, getting them ready for bed etc., making breakfast, full hourly rate would probably apply for that sort of thing - or are they just arriving after they go to bed and you come back before they get up? Then maybe just a flat rate $50????
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:37 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what should I pay?

Hi Sid_s, thanks for your reply. I would have to leave at 8pm and would return at 8am. The children would be in bed (hopefully!) and are not early risers so I would probably get them up when i come in. All it would entail would be to be in the house and be there if the children needed them. my husband actually suggested $100 for 2 nights work but I wanted to hear other views, don't want to affend someone by offering too little, but then again it can't be too much otherwise its not worth me going out to work!

Thanks again,
tracey