Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what should i do

what should i do

Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sue,

I agree there are plenty of us, like Arlene, who have shown years of loyalty to the NHS and are still treated shabbily, its no coincidence that so many of us are on our way.
Arlene, do you regret not having that sickie on visa night?

Michaela
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
why not go "full time" with the agency then?

seems like a no brainer, i must be missing something ?

Misplaced loyalty mainly WBB, see we really are angels!

Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:10 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
why not go "full time" with the agency then?

seems like a no brainer, i must be missing something ?

the downside to agency is that they can suddenly run out of work...especially around March/April, as the nhs starts realising it has overspent on its budget and is about to get an almighty bollocking for it!! You can also end up going to dull places - which if you enjoy a fast pace, busy work environment, is very boring!!!
You could also end up with the boss from hell who sees you have experience in a certain area, that no other nurse on their books would touch with a barge pole, and wont give you any other work except there!
To finish it off, you get at least 4 phonecalls a day ''just to see if you are available''. can get tiresome, speshly if you have just finished nights!!!

But the money is better....and there are a hell of a lot of agencies out there!!!

what line of work are you in WBB?
Think the missus would like to see you in a blue dress and sussies??

sue

(better not, she might choke on her vienetta!!)
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:15 pm
WBB

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
the downside to agency is that they can suddenly run out of work...especially around March/April, as the nhs starts realising it has overspent on its budget and is about to get an almighty bollocking for it!! You can also end up going to dull places - which if you enjoy a fast pace, busy work environment, is very boring!!!
You could also end up with the boss from hell who sees you have experience in a certain area, that no other nurse on their books would touch with a barge pole, and wont give you any other work except there!
To finish it off, you get at least 4 phonecalls a day ''just to see if you are available''. can get tiresome, speshly if you have just finished nights!!!

But the money is better....and there are a hell of a lot of agencies out there!!!

what line of work are you in WBB?
Think the missus would like to see you in a blue dress and sussies??

sue

(better not, she might choke on her vienetta!!)
i could put up with the dull jobs and bosses from hell for the extra money though, especially if i knew i was on my way to oz soon.

i work in a lab which develops test wafers for the semi conductor industry.

how boring is that !!!!

a blue dress sounds appealing now.

Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:19 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

exactly,
if its only for a couple of months then it would probably be worth it!!!!

''i work in a lab which develops test wafers for the semi conductor industry.''
....sounds scary!!!!!!!!

sue

Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:30 pm
WBB

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins

''i work in a lab which develops test wafers for the semi conductor industry.''
....sounds scary!!!!!!!!

sue

not scary, just long, boring 12 hour shifts.