Reload this Page >

what should i carry with me

what should i carry with me

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

thegreatmughal is on a distinguished road
Default what should i carry with me

dear all,
i am planning to move to mel in early feb' 05. i would like to have some advise on what shd i carry with me like clothing etc...
you all are welcome to post your comments...

thegreatmughal
(IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING...)
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 3:43 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: what should i carry with me

Originally Posted by thegreatmughal
dear all,
i am planning to move to mel in early feb' 05. i would like to have some advise on what shd i carry with me like clothing etc...
you all are welcome to post your comments...

thegreatmughal
(IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING...)
Passport

Perhaps some references etc
No claims proof
Bank details from India for transfers etc
Immunisation records (only if you have them already)
address book!
photos of home!

Anything you cant live without for 6-8 weeks while in transit!
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 6:24 am
Just Joined

peavy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: what should i carry with me

Hi,
I am leaving for AUSTRALIA by JAN 05. I was wondering can I take my guitar with me on the plane and my guitar processor in the BAG. will they allow guitar with me on my seat or will they put in where normally the luguage goes?
tks,
Peavy.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 6:28 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by peavy
Hi,
I am leaving for AUSTRALIA by JAN 05. I was wondering can I take my guitar with me on the plane and my guitar processor in the BAG. will they allow guitar with me on my seat or will they put in where normally the luguage goes?
tks,
Peavy.
Am I misunderstanding the question??? Are you asking if you'll be allowed to take your guitar on a crowded plane to your seat??! I'd say it will go in the hold unless you buy another ticket for it

Seriously though, I do know that musicians/photographers etc can get special dispensation to carry their oversized equipment on board, I guess a call to the airline wouldn't hurt. Even if someone on here had done so previously, airlines seem to be quite fickle. I'd give your's a call, if they say yes, get it in writing. Otherwise get buying some bubblewrap
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 6:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Am I misunderstanding the question??? Are you asking if you'll be allowed to take your guitar on a crowded plane to your seat??! I'd say it will go in the hold unless you buy another ticket for it

Seriously though, I do know that musicians/photographers etc can get special dispensation to carry their oversized equipment on board, I guess a call to the airline wouldn't hurt. Even if someone on here had done so previously, airlines seem to be quite fickle. I'd give your's a call, if they say yes, get it in writing. Otherwise get buying some bubblewrap
See my answer on one of the other threads where you asked this question.....

I guess at least it would be more peaceful than sitting next to a screaming child Would rather freak out anyone who remembers the nun in the Airport movies though.......
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by thegreatmughal
like clothing etc...
Yes please... please bring your clothing
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 2:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
tks,
Peavy.
What's your name BB King? your guitar can have a seat of it's own if you pay for it otherwise it would have to go in the hold. I can't see it fitting in the overhead and you certainly won't be able to have it on your lap for take off and landing.

My advice, buy a solid guitar case, and as a former baggage handler, if you don't want it handled roughly DON'T put a "fragile" sticker on it
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

rarejunk_in is an unknown quantity at this point

WHen I carried my acoustic guitar to UK from India , british airways let me carry it with me in my seat.

ANyway I would advise call the airline and check with them.

Keep playing!!!! :-)

Cheers,
RJ

Hi,
tks,
Peavy.